Automation Workshop includes the Rename Remote File Action that can rename files located on a remote server. Files are renamed on the server without downloading and uploading them. The files never hit a local machine.
The Action supports renaming of directories (or folders). The directories are renamed the same way as files. Server side renaming makes the process very fast and efficient. The renaming Task (workflow) can be created using a no-code approach, and it takes only a couple minutes.
Features & highlights
- Rename files on remote FTP, SFTP, WebDAV, Amazon S3, Google Cloud Storage, and DigitalOcean Spaces servers.
- Use file masks and wildcards to rename multiple files at once.
- Rename the contents of the entire folder efficiently without downloading and re-uploading files.
- Rename files or folders on a server using current date and time in the filenames.
- Rearrange tokens in filename by using the powerful Text Processing Actions.
- Use the List Remote Files Action together with the For Each Action to make custom renaming rules for each of the renamed files.
- File · Choose single or multiple files to be renamed in a remote directory and give a new name or name pattern.
- Options · Set the Action state and custom display name, define automated error workarounds, and enable an option to log only critical errors.
- Dynamic variables & Events of the Rename Remote File.
- Variable Wizard and dynamic values of all the File & Folder Actions for local and network drives, and remote FTP, SFTP, WebDAV, Amazon S3, Google Cloud Storage, and DigitalOcean Spaces servers.
- Files on the local servers, computers, or shared folders can be renamed using the Rename File Action.
- Streamline automation processes by connecting Triggers and Actions using Variable Wizard.
Ask for more…
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our support team.