Automation Workshop features a remote file monitoring module called Amazon S3 Watcher. It scans a folder in AWS S3 bucket for file changes. It does not require AWS Transfer for SFTP Service to be enabled in AWS Console, however it is possible to monitor such Amazon Simple Storage Service that has SFTP Service enabled using SFTP Watcher.
Amazon S3 Watcher can launch a Task when a file or folder is created, modified, deleted in the remote bucket. It can also watch for number of files in the folder, and look when a file reaches certain size limit. File mask filter allows to monitor for selected file types or files with specific names.
Amazon S3 Watcher Trigger is part of Windows Automation solution called Automation Workshop. It allows monitoring AWS S3 on your premises without depending on online services (self-hosted solution). Automation Workshop comes with more than hundred Actions, that can do various tasks on your files, such as, download or upload file, synchronize whole directory trees, compress files, send emails, and much more.
Features & highlights
- Watch files and folders for modifications on a remote Amazon S3 server.
- Monitor when new files are created in AWS S3 bucket.
- Trigger on file events like file modified or file deleted.
- Auto-reconnect mechanism ensures stable data transfers even in case of dropped connections.
- Scan a folder or bucket for total number of files and launch a task when the count is reached.
- Monitor for file size to reach the defined amount.
- Watch for any file event on Amazon S3 storage, or on Amazon cold storage service Glacier.
- Easy to use user interface with very short learning curve.
- Allows actively monitor an AWS S3 folder in the S3 bucket, and download or upload files, all without knowledge of AWS CLI, Lambda or other scripting.
- Amazon S3 Watcher allows monitoring Amazon Simple Storage Service for new files in the folder, and download them automatically, when such a file appears.
- Monitor AWS S3 bucket in real-time, and as soon as changes occur, copy from one AWS S3 bucket to another S3 bucket automatically.
- Allows automatically download new or changed files from AWS S3 to the local PC or server with an automatic task, that is easily created in GUI editor, without writing a single line of program code.
- It is possible to scan Amazon S3 bucket for files that exceed certain size, to control the cost of the storage service, by sending email alerts or reports automatically, when specified size is surpassed.
- Directory · Watch remote Amazon S3 storage for changes in files and directories.
- Conditions · Select what kind of changes to watch for, such as, new files, new and existing files, deleted files or modified files. Also, watch for large files or the number of files in the directory.
- Options · Set how often Amazon S3 Watcher will check files or folders in the remote Amazon Simple Storage Service server.
- Dynamic variables & Events of Amazon S3 Watcher.
- Variable Wizard and dynamic values of all the File & Folder Actions for local and network drives, and remote FTP, SFTP, Amazon S3, and WebDAV servers.
- Streamline automation processes by connecting Triggers and Actions using Variable Wizard.
Assistance is here…
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our support team.