Automation Workshop includes a Trigger to monitor Web Distributed Authoring and Versioning servers. It is called WebDAV Watcher, and it monitors for file changes in a remote directory on a WebDAV server. WebDAV protocol is extension of HTTP protocol, and it uses ports 80 and 443 for connection, however any custom ports are supported in connection parameters.
WebDAV Watcher works with all WebDAV server implementations, including Apache HTTP Server, Microsoft IIS WebDAV module, and lighttpd server. It supports plain HTTP connection, as well as, industry standard WebDAV encryption using SSL and TLS standards.
WebDAV Watcher Trigger allows track changes for files that is being created, deleted, or modified. It also can scan files for certain file size or for specified file count in a directory. It supports secure HTTPS certificates that are signed with CA certificate, as well as, custom self-signed certificates with custom thumbprints, to prevent man-in-the-middle attacks.
Features & highlights
- Watch a remote WebDAV server for files that are being created, removed, or modified.
- Monitor when a file reach certain size.
- Monitor a folder for specified file count.
- Launch an automated Task on predefined condition.
- Login using only user credentials, or credentials with client certificate for additional security.
- Ensures stable connection even on a bad network.
- Watch for specific files or folders that are defined by file wildcard mask.
- Supports Active Directory LDAP authentication to access files directly via UNC path, or using WebDAV connection.
- No need to open any network ports, everything works right out of the box for ports 80 and 443.
- Directory · Watch remote WebDAV server for changes in files and directories.
- Conditions · Select what kind of changes to watch for, such as, new files, new and existing files, deleted files or modified files. Also, watch for large files or the number of files in the directory.
- Options · Set how often WebDAV Watcher will check files or folders in the remote Web Distributed Authoring and Versioning server.
- Dynamic variables & Events of WebDAV Watcher.
- Variable Wizard and dynamic values of all the File & Folder Actions for local and network drives, and remote FTP, SFTP, Amazon S3, and WebDAV servers.
- Streamline automation processes by connecting Triggers and Actions using Variable Wizard.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our support team.