Automation Workshop includes a Trigger to monitor Web Distributed Authoring and Versioning servers. It is called WebDAV Watcher, and it monitors for file changes in a remote directory on a WebDAV server. The WebDAV protocol is an extension of HTTP protocol, and it uses ports 80 and 443 for connection, however any port is supported as a connection parameter.
WebDAV Watcher works with all WebDAV server implementations, including Apache HTTP Server, Microsoft IIS WebDAV module, and lighttpd server. It supports plain HTTP connection, as well as an industry standard WebDAV encryption using SSL and TLS standards.
WebDAV Watcher Trigger allows tracking changes for files that are being created, deleted, or modified. It also can scan files for certain file size or for specified file count in a directory. It supports secure HTTPS certificates that are signed with a CA certificate, as well as custom self-signed certificates with custom thumbprints, to prevent man-in-the-middle attacks.
Features & highlights
- Watch a remote WebDAV server for files that are being created, removed, or modified.
- Monitor when a file reaches a certain size.
- Monitor a folder for defined file count.
- Launch an automated Task on a predefined condition.
- Login using user credentials only, or credentials with a client certificate for extra security.
- Ensures stable connection even on a bad network.
- Watch for specific files or folders that are defined by a file wildcard mask.
- Supports Active Directory LDAP authentication to access files directly via UNC path, or using WebDAV connection.
- Everything works right out of the box for ports 80 and 443. No need to create custom firewall rules or open any network ports.
- Directory · Watch a remote WebDAV server for changes in files and directories.
- Conditions · Select what kind of changes to watch for, such as new files, new and existing files, deleted, or modified files. Besides, watch for large files or the number of files in the directory.
- Options · Set how often WebDAV Watcher will scan files or folders in the remote Web Distributed Authoring and Versioning server.
- Dynamic variables & Events of the WebDAV Watcher.
- Variable Wizard and dynamic values of all the File & Folder Actions for local and network drives, and remote FTP, SFTP, WebDAV, Amazon S3, Google Cloud Storage, and DigitalOcean Spaces servers.
- Streamline automation processes by connecting Triggers and Actions using Variable Wizard.
Automation Workshop includes many more awesome Triggers and numerous Actions to aid you to automate any repetitive computer or business task by providing state-of-the-art GUI tools.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our support team.