Automation Workshop includes FTP Watcher, and allows to monitor file changes in a directory on an FTP server. It looks for the following events: a file or folder is created, a file is modified or deleted. FTP Watcher also can look for files that reach a certain file size, or for a directory to reach a certain number of files.
As for every Trigger of Automation Workshop, it is possible to adjust polling interval and triggering delays, to align it with business requirements. Extensive logging capabilities allows to record an audit trail for all events that happens on the remote server. File mask filter allows to monitor for selected file types or files with specific naming patterns.
FTP Watcher supports the following security methods. The Implicit FTPS is supported in connection parameters as Implicit FTPS, and the Explicit FTP or FTPES method is called Explicit FTPS. Both methods are commonly referred as FTP-SSL and uses TLS and SSL secure encryption standards, that are commonly used by Windows machines using IIS server.
To monitor files on Linux servers, that usually implements SFTP protocol (FTP secured by SSH encryption), use SFTP watcher Trigger.
Features & highlights
- Automatic reconnect feature that ensures reliable data transfer even on slow and unreliable networks.
- Watch files for changes on a remote FTP or FTPS server.
- Monitor when new files are created, or existing files are deleted.
- Scan and fire a Task when file gets modified on FTP server.
- Automatically detect when the total number of files in reaches a certain count.
- Fire a task when selected files reach or exceeds defined size.
- Supports implicit FTPS and explicit FTPS for encrypted connection.
- Supports SSL or TLS encrypted connections using FTP-SSL feature, and plain FTP connection when no security is needed on LAN.
- Both passive and active FTP modes are available in connection settings.
- For additional security, it is possible to authenticate using client certificates.
- Watch for any file type, for example, PDF, JPG, DOCX, or XML.
- Watch a local FTP server on IIS, using a local File & folder watcher Trigger, or a remote FTP server using FTP file watcher, and execute Actions on the monitored file.
- Monitor a remote Linux or Windows FTP server from any Windows based workstation or server, and send email as soon as changes are detected on the FTP server.
- FTP watcher trigger automatically monitors a folder on FTPS server for files larger than 2 GB, and sends out emails to users, based on the names of their folders, about exceeded disk usage quota.
- Invoices in PDF format are being gathered on the e-commerce server for the clients. FTP watcher monitors the FTPS server for new invoices, and as soon as they appear, downloads them, and sends them using email to accounting department · View quick tutorial
- Directory · Watch remote FTP server for changes in files and directories.
- Conditions · Select what kind of changes to watch for, such as, new files, new and existing files, deleted files or modified files. Also, watch for large files or the number of files in the directory.
- Options · Set how often FTP Watcher will check files or folders in the remote FTP server.
Automation Workshop includes many more awesome Triggers and numerous Actions to aid you automate any repetitive computer or business task by providing state-of-the-art GUI tools.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our support team.