Automation Workshop includes the Lookup Text Action that searches for a value in a table key column, and retrieves a cross-reference value from another column. In other words—it looks up for key/value pairs from a grid (or freeform table extended with dynamic variables).
The Lookup Text Action maps a text or numeric key to a value. It uses a two column table as input, and it can perform an exact or enhanced text matching.
Features & highlights
- Key/value lookup feature greatly improves workflow clarity and reduces otherwise unnecessary Task complexity that would otherwise require a lot of repetitive If–Else Actions.
- Supports advanced freeform data input—with added dynamic variables, entirely from file content, with auto-detected table column separators, etc.
- It is far more powerful than the regular switch function—it can perform the exact, starts with, ends with, and contains text matching.
- Look up a company email address based on ID, name, or other details.
- Translate your business specific codes to their corresponding translations.
- Make quick data adjustments for your database exports without touching SQL or database.
- Match source and destination filenames in a file list, with a value that is returned by File Actions or FTP & Cloud Actions.
- Use as a switch logic replacement to branch a workflow using Label and the Go To Action.
- Translate any value—for example, month number (1–12) to their names (Jan–Dec), or time to any custom text, such as morning, noon, evening, night, etc.
- Deploy files in different named folders based on their names (partial match, prefix, suffix, etc.) or contents.
- Prettify your automated enterprise emails by translating your business specific IDs to human readable translations.
- Text · Provide input text that needs to be translated or looked up, and a grid or table where to look for the translation.
- Options · Select the matching type (exact or partial), and the default behavior in case the key is not found.
- Dynamic variables & Events of the Lookup Text.
- Variable Wizard and dynamic values of all Text Actions.
- Streamline automation processes by connecting Triggers and Actions using Variable Wizard.
Ask for more…
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our support team.