Video · See how easy it is to automate the process of watching a folder for new files. When a new file appears in the monitored folder, it can be copied, emailed, uploaded to an FTP server, printed, processed with a third-party app, and much more.
The automated tasks can be created in minutes. No coding or programming skills are required. Just point-and-click to create your first automated Task!
The intuitive interface with Task creation and configuration Wizards will lead you through the Task design process without requiring scripting skills or preliminary training. It is easy to automate anything and anywhere with this no-code automation platform.
- Tired of routine tasks?
- Interested in automating the processes of sending, copying, uploading, and printing auto-generated invoices?
- Febooti Automation Workshop can help!
File & Folder Watcher
- First, click the "New Task" button in the main program window and select "File & Folder Watcher" from the triggers list.
- Next, specify the folder in which the invoices are created, go to the Conditions tab and select "Watch for new files".
- The Trigger is ready!
Copy file to backup location
- Now let's add the Actions that the Task will perform.
- Automation Workshop supports more than 100 different actions!
- In this case, we want to deliver the copy to a backup location.
- To copy the invoice we have just found, simply use the Variable Wizard, select the Trigger you created earlier, and then set the backup location on the storage server.
- Now you need to add an Action that automatically sends an email with the file to: the Sales department.
- Create an email template, then click on the Variable Wizard button, and select "attachment".
Upload file to server
- You can add many Actions to the Task.
- For example, there is an Upload File Action, which allows you to upload the file to your business partner FTP server in a different physical location.
- Use the Variable Wizard, select the Trigger we created earlier, and enter the path on the server.
- Then, add an address and the user credentials of your server.
Automate application launch
- Another useful action allows a third-party application to process the file.
- Click "Start App" and enter the path of the program.
Print file automatically
- The last step is to automatically print the invoice.
- To print the file, add the "Print File" Action, and simply use the Variable Wizard.
- Enter the name of the Task, and finish creating it.
- All done! The Task is up and running.
- Now, as soon as the new invoice reaches the tracked folder, it will automatically be copied to another computer, sent to the Sales department, uploaded to the FTP server, launched using the specified program and printed out.
Advanced job scheduler—Automation Workshop works flawlessly on all modern 32-bit and 64-bit Microsoft Windows versions: Windows 10 · Windows 11 · Server 2012 & 2012 R2 · Server 2016 · Server 2019 · Server 2022.
Older Windows versions (such as Windows 8 and Server 2008) are not "officially" supported but should still work remarkably well. The underlying architecture of Windows is evolving and our apps are crafted to be backward and forward compatible.