monitor files and directories with File / folder watcher
Febooti Automation Workshop includes File / Folder Watcher that monitors for file / folder (directory) changes in specified (local or network) location. Equiped with file / folder mask and attribute filter criteria, it gives user very precise control over what exactly is being monitored.
File / folder watcher features & highlights:
- Continuously monitor folders on a local Windows drives and network-accessible Windows / Linux / Novell / Samba shares, and track any file / folder changes as soon as directory content is modified.
- Watch file system for new, modified and deleted files or folders, in one or multiple folders and sub-folders.
- Watch local and network folders for created, changed and removed files, with wildcard include and exclude filters.
- Local folder and network drive monitoring with UNC path names and full Unicode file name support.
- Real time local and remote file system tracking for directory changes and additions whether user is logged in or not.
- Background directory watcher / file monitoring Windows service starts on system start-up, and runs on workstations / servers in unattended mode.
File / folder watcher usage examples:
- Automatically respond to changes in monitored folders by performing automated user-defined tasks.
- Send emails, start applications, run tasks of any complexity upon any changes, which occur in the watched folders.
- Automate all your file-based tasks, e.g. copy files to new locations (based on monitored file names and extensions).
- Save time and eliminate errors by automating repetitive computer tasks - send reports, back-up, store and manage watched files on scheduled basis, with rich and extensive Task Scheduler options.
- File / folder watcher provides complete control over watched files - track, log, email and notify system administrators of any changes in monitored file system resources.
|Folder||Specify whether to watch for files or folders, provide path of the folder contents of which will be monitored.|
|Filter||Use file masks and attribute filter to specify what types of files / folders will be monitored.|
|Conditions||Specify what kind of activity will be watched for (e.g. file / folder creation, deletion, modifications or renaming).|
|Options||Configure additional options such as number of times Trigger must be activated to execute the Task, delay before executing the Task and also smart file operation detection for more accurate results.|Additional Automation Workshop notes and resources:
Start Program / Application
Please do not hesitate to contact our support department with any possible further questions or to solve practical issues connected with Febooti Automation Workshop.
Copyright © 2001-2013 Febooti Software. All rights reserved. Last updated: March 15, 2012