Specify files to be copied from source path to destination path. File input line supports path, filename and file mask as well as variables that can be used either separately or in various combinations. Multiple inputs must be separated by
| vertical bar character.
|Specify files to copy. Available options include providing full path and filename or file mask. If path is not specified, Action is performed in current folder · Learn file masks and wildcards
|Specify location for copied files. Supports fixed path as well as variable available from Trigger or other Action. Read more about specifying file masks and wildcards.
|Use Browse to select a particular file or folder on local disk, network share on LAN (local area network), etc.
|Use dynamic data input—substitute a parameter from a file, web, connected Trigger, other Actions, date and time presets, etc.
- Dynamic variables & Events of the Copy File. Retrieve variables containing the latest source and destination filenames, or for bulk file copies, retrieve lists of source, destination, and both sets of files, including a count variable for these lists. Detailed logs of file copying progress, including subfolder creation and any errors, are also recorded in the log.
- Automation Workshop supports Unicode file names, and path up to 32,000 characters, providing a necessary capacity when performing automated file copying.
- The Copy File Action always creates a destination folder (if needed).
- The destination files created by Copy File Action preserve modification date of source files; however, creation and last accessed date is set to current. Source file preserves original last access date.
- Copy File Action always sets archive attribute to files when copy operation is performed.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our support team.