Automation Workshop FTP Watcher monitors for changes in files and directories on a remote FTP server. When changes are detected, the Trigger returns various data that can be used as parameters in the following Actions.
||Choose the type of information to return on monitored file or directory:
- Full path and filename · includes a full directory path and file name uniquely and fully referencing a file on the server.
- Filename · returns only a file name without the directory name.
- Absolute path · returns a full directory path in which the file is located.
- Relative path · returns a partial or subfolder path (relative to the monitored directory) in which the file is located.
- Watched directory · returns a full path of the monitored directory.
||Shows what kind of information will be returned.|
Let's assume that FTP Watcher is set to monitor the
/home/user/example/uploads folder, and activated by the
/home/user/example/uploads/invoices/Inv-0073232.pdf file. The returned variable values of each preset are listed below…
Full path and filename
|Full path and filename
The Filename preset retrieves the file name without path.
Absolute path returns the full path of monitored folder.
Relative path returns the path of a folder relative to the monitored folder.
Watched directory returns the full path of directory monitored by FTP Watcher.
We are here to help…
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our support team.
We're growing fast. Thank you!
Video · Synchronize SFTP server files & documents
Automation Workshop is an awesome piece of software. It will save us thousands of man hours this year alone!—Chuck W.
than you think!
- January 5, 2022
Command Line Email v8.0 features emoji support. Numerous layout & debug improvements. Compatibility with Windows 11 and Server 2022.
- November 29, 2021
Automation Workshop v5.5.0 introduces new Cloud Watchers, and new Action—Remote SSH Command. Many security and UI improvements.
- September 24, 2021
Automation Workshop v5.2.0 fixes the listing option both for List Files and List Remote Files Actions.
Last updated: January 18, 2022