Video · A step-by-step video tutorial that shows how to set up an automated file transfer process in Windows. There is no programming knowledge required. The tutorial shows usage of 1 Trigger and 1 Action. The Trigger monitors a selected location for new files, and when a new file is found, it launches the Move File Action to move the file to a custom backup location.
The automated file transfer is enhanced with a destination folder that contains the current date. Each day a new folder with the current date is created to make an easy to read folder structure.
The intuitive interface with Task creation and configuration Wizards will lead you through the Task design process without requiring scripting skills or preliminary training. It is easy to automate anything and anywhere with this no-code automation platform.
- File & Folder Watcher · Overview
- Move File · Overview
- File & Folder Watcher variables
- Date variables
- Automatically transfer files to the backup location + free Demo Task
- Automate Windows Tasks · a quick automation overview.
- Actions · automate anything with state-of-the art GUI. No code. All visual!
- Awesome facts · learn amazing tips & tricks about automation.
Advanced job scheduler—Automation Workshop works flawlessly on all modern 32-bit and 64-bit Microsoft Windows versions: Windows 8 & 8.1 · Windows 10 · Windows 11 · Server 2012 & 2012 R2 · Server 2016 · Server 2019 · Server 2022