Automation Workshop includes the Pick Item Action that allows you to select any item from a list—first, last, by index, or randomly. The resulting item is then available as a variable for use as a parameter in any following Action within the Task.
Features & highlights
- Pick the first, last, or any item from a list, array, or any separated text string.
- Pick n-th item from both sides of a list. Pick any element from the front or back of the list.
- The Pick Item Action always returns an element and its index even when picking from the other end of the list, or when choosing items randomly.
- Works with any structured lists that are separated by a comma, vertical bar, semicolon, or any custom single or multiple character separator.
- Iterate a
.csvfile with the For Each Action and pick any column with the Pick Item Action, all done automatically without a user interaction.
- Select a file from the long list of files that is returned from other Actions, e.g., the List Files, Copy File, Download File, and other Actions.
- Randomly select an item from a list. Pick a random name (winner) from a list of people.
- Automate your workflows by separating tabular data, text files, and log files with the Split Text Action and Pick Item Action.
- Dynamic variables & Events of Pick Item.
- Variable Wizard and dynamic values of all Text Actions.
- Streamline automation processes by connecting Triggers and Actions using Variable Wizard.
Have a question?
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our support team.