This Error Event is part of Automation Workshop Service Events.
Event ID · 2501
The error indicates that Automation Workshop has failed to send notification email (i.e., success or error reports). Error message contains error description that allows identifying the particular cause of failure.
See some examples of the Could not send notification email Event messages:
- Could not send notification email: command DATA failed (550 5.7.0 Requested action not taken: too many emails per second).
- Could not send notification email: could not connect to SMTP server.
Check your email server and email settings options. See popular SMTP server settings on how to determine server settings for outgoing e-mail or test SMTP server connection to troubleshoot typical server connection problems.
Two-Factor Authentication (aka 2FA) must be disabled for the particular email account in most cases, as there is no one that can enter a code or password for unattended tasks.
Common causes of the SMTP error:
- FROM address not allowed (you must use the same address as for authentication).
- TO address not permitted.
- Authentication required to send outside your organization.
- SSL or TLS encrypted connection required to send emails.
More relaying debugging…
- Test SMTP connection and send test email
- AW Event 50461 · Command RCPT failed
- AW Event 50463 · An unexpected response after end-of-mail indicator
- Command Line Email relaying access denied
- Gmail Workspace SMTP error reference
- Microsoft Office 365 authentication issues
We are here to help…
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our support team.