This Error Event is part of Send Email Events.
Event ID · 50463
The error indicates that connection between the Send Email Action and your SMTP server has failed due to unexpected command from the SMTP server.
See some examples of the An unexpected response Event messages:
- Couldn't send message, Server Response: 552 4.3.1 Message size exceeds fixed maximum message size.
- 552 5.2.2 The email account that you tried to reach is over quota. Please direct the recipient to https://support.google.com/mail/?p=OverQuotaPerm …gsmtp
- 552-5.2.3 Your message exceeded Google's message size limits. Please visit; 552-5.2.3 http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?answer=8770 to review; 552 5.2.3 our size guidelines.
- 554 5.2.0 STOREDRV.Submission.Exception:SendAsDeniedException.MapiExceptionSendAsDenied; Failed to process message due to a permanent exception with message Cannot submit message … [Hostname=DN7RP42BM1237.namprd42.prod.outlook.com]
Common causes of the SMTP error:
- FROM address not allowed (you must use the same address as for authentication).
- Attachment is too big.
- Size of the message is too large.
- TO (recipient's) address not allowed.
- Recipient's mailbox is full (if sending from Gmail to Gmail).
More relaying debugging…
- Test SMTP connection and send test email
- AW Event 50461 · Command RCPT failed
- AW Event 2501 · Could not send notification email
- Command Line Email relaying access denied
- Gmail Workspace SMTP error reference
Help at your fingertips…
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our support team.