API · Automation Workshop supports multiple unattended usage scenarios, including the automation of Automation Workshop itself. The Task importing feature is particularly useful when a third-party or your custom app modifies the Task XML file directly, and then pushes the Task into production.
Features & highlights
- Import (or load) one or multiple Tasks using the command line API.
- Import an Automation Workshop Task from virtually any 3rd party application, including your custom solutions and databases.
- Import automated Tasks from batch scripts, PowerShell scripts, or any other scripting environment.
- Modify an existing Task XML file to adjust its parameters and values. Then import your newly created Task into Automation Workshop.
To import a Task using API, use simple syntax:
- AutomationWorkshop.exe -import "C:\To Import\Prepare DB.task"
- AutomationWorkshop.exe -import "C:\To Import\Prepare DB"
"C:\Program Files\Febooti Automation Workshop\
AutomationWorkshop.exe" -import "C:\To Import\Prepare DB.task"
All Tasks are imported (and activated) into the
\Tasks\Imported Tasks\ location. This ensures a simple and consistent Task reviewing procedure.
Alternatively (to import and activate a Task in a different folder location), simply copy the Task file in the existing folder structure, and start importing:
- AutomationWorkshop.exe -import "\Tasks\Production\db.task"
- AutomationWorkshop.exe -import "\Production\db.task"
- AutomationWorkshop.exe -import "Production\db.task"
- AutomationWorkshop.exe -import "Production\db"
- AutomationWorkshop.exe -import "C:\ProgramData\Febooti Software\
Febooti Automation Workshop\Task Files\Production\db.task"
- To streamline the automation processes, Tasks are always imported in the Enabled state. To disable a Task, use the Disable API feature · Task's state explained
- The Task's path is shown in the Task properties—General & Task tabs.
- To import Task via UI, use the Import feature from the File menu · Video
- Use the Remote Manager to connect to multiple servers. Use the Push Task feature to import a Task into multiple machines at once.
- If an error is experienced during the Task importing process, the Event ID 2265 "Unable to process an external API request" will be shown.
Have a question?
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our support team.