API · Automation Workshop allows Task exporting via API. The Application Programming Interface can be used to export workflows from any script, app, or database.
Features & highlights
- Export one or multiple Tasks from the command line API to a local or network storage.
- Export Tasks from one server to import them into another using command line API.
- Automate Task exporting to supplement the built-in Backup tools.
- Export a Task, then modify its XML parameters using your custom app. When the app has finished with Task modifications, the Task can be imported back into Automation Workshop using API.
To export a Task using API, use simple syntax:
- AutomationWorkshop.exe -export "\Tasks\Prepare DB.task" "C:\Expo\"
- AutomationWorkshop.exe -export "\Tasks\Prepare DB" "C:\Expo"
- AutomationWorkshop.exe -export "\Prepare DB" "C:\Expo"
- AutomationWorkshop.exe -export "Prepare DB" "C:\Expo"
"C:\Program Files\Febooti Automation Workshop\
AutomationWorkshop.exe" -export "\Tasks\Database\Prepare DB.task" "\\files02.local\share\export\"
Alternatively, use an absolute Task file path:
- AutomationWorkshop.exe -export "C:\ProgramData\Febooti Software\
Febooti Automation Workshop\Task Files\Production\Prepare DB.task" "D:\Review\Exported Tasks\dc\"
- The Task's path is shown in the Task properties—General & Task tabs.
- To export a Task via UI, use the Export feature from the File menu.
- If an error is experienced during the Task exporting process, the Event ID 2265 "Unable to process an external API request" will be shown.
Help at your fingertips…
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our support team.