Febooti Hash & CRC history—detailed information about minor and major versions.
- Ensures full compatibility with Windows 10, both 32 and 64-bit versions.
- Added support for BSD format checksum files.
- Option to toggle between lowercase and uppercase.
- In Windows classic theme hashes are also highlighted.
- Start menu rearranged. Some items removed.
- Improved installation experience.
- Tooltips are always shown above all other windows.
- Auto compare the computed hashes against hash files, such as .md5, .crc, .sha, .sha1 and others.
- Real-time (on the fly) highlight of computed hashes against Windows Clipboard.
- Compact and Full layout (toggle via Show more hashes or Show less hashes).
- Some hashes (MD and RIPEMD hash functions) are moved to the More menu.
- Redesigned layout to allow entire hashes to be shown for two most popular hash functions: MD5 and SHA-1.
- To avoid confusion, upon selecting another file for hashing, previous hashes are cleared.
- Some web resources (release notes, test vectors) are added to the More menu.
- The Hash .dll file is now digitally signed.
- Minor improvements.
- Duplicate shortcut keys have been removed.
- Installer is now digitally signed with Authenticode ensuring the code authenticity upon installation of the software.
- Unicode support for folder and file names.
- Average hashing speed is now displayed.
- Installer includes both x86 and x64 versions in a single (.exe or .zip) setup file. Separate 32 and 64-bit versions still available as .msi installers.
- Hash & CRC now requires Microsoft Windows 2000 or higher.
- Whirlpool hash function now uses Whirlpool version 3.
- If no hash function is selected, Compute is replaced with a Just Read button which allows caching files into memory.
- If no values are calculated, the Copy button is disabled.
- Hash & CRC tab title text changed to Hash / CRC due alignment bug in Windows 7.
- Link color modified to match Windows 7 theme.
- Improved calculation speed for some hash functions.
- Navigating with the keyboard, a Tab key now skips fields without hash values
- Improved button focusing. Default focus on Compute button.
- New setup and uninstall icons for better appearance in Windows.
- Hash & CRC now supports High DPI in Windows 7.
- The multiple file icon updated.
- After selecting both file and folder and selecting the Hash / CRC tab resulted in a false error message.
- Minor resource leaking bug removed.
- Support of popular cryptographic hash checksums—CRC32, MD2, MD4, MD5, SHA-1, SHA-224, SHA-256, SHA-384, SHA-512, RIPEMD-128, RIPEMD-160, RIPEMD-256, RIPEMD-320, WHIRLPOOL and Tiger-192.
- Fast checksum computation.
- File integrity checksum calculation for large, virtually unlimited, file sizes.
- Simultaneous different checksum type calculation.
- Single or multiple hash value copy to clipboard (uppercase support).
- A simple and an easy to use interface.
- Based on Crypto++ Library by Wei Dai.
Our software solutions work smoothly on all modern 32-bit and 64-bit Microsoft Windows versions: Windows 8 & 8.1 · Windows 10 · Windows 11 · Server 2012 & 2012 R2 · Server 2016 · Server 2019 · Server 2022