Febooti Hash & CRC history—detailed information about minor and major versions.
September 25, 2015
- Ensures full compatibility with Windows 10, both 32 and 64-bit versions.
July 17, 2013
- Added support for BSD format checksum files.
- Option to toggle between lowercase and uppercase.
- In Windows classic theme hashes are also highlighted.
- Start menu rearranged. Some items removed.
- Improved installation experience.
- Tooltips are always shown above all other windows.
January 29, 2013
- Auto compare the computed hashes against hash files, such as .md5, .crc, .sha, .sha1 and others.
- Real-time (on the fly) highlight of computed hashes against Windows Clipboard.
- Compact and Full layout (toggle via Show more hashes or Show less hashes).
- Some hashes (MD and RIPEMD hash functions) are moved to the More menu.
- Redesigned layout to allow entire hashes to be shown for two most popular hash functions: MD5 and SHA-1.
- To avoid confusion, upon selecting another file for hashing, previous hashes are cleared.
- Some web resources (release notes, test vectors) are added to the More menu.
- The Hash .dll file is now digitally signed.
- Minor improvements.
- Duplicate shortcut keys have been removed.
July 18, 2011
- Installer is now digitally signed with Authenticode ensuring the code authenticity upon installation of the software.
November 11, 2009
- Unicode support for folder and file names.
- Average hashing speed is now displayed.
- Installer includes both x86 and x64 versions in a single (.exe or .zip) setup file. Separate 32 and 64-bit versions still available as .msi installers.
- Hash & CRC now requires Microsoft Windows 2000 or higher.
- Whirlpool hash function now uses Whirlpool version 3.
- If no hash function is selected, Compute is replaced with a Just Read button which allows caching files into memory.
- If no values are calculated, the Copy button is disabled.
- Hash & CRC tab title text changed to Hash / CRC due alignment bug in Windows 7.
- Link color modified to match Windows 7 theme.
- Improved calculation speed for some hash functions.
- Navigating with the keyboard, a Tab key now skips fields without hash values
- Improved button focusing. Default focus on Compute button.
- New setup and uninstall icons for better appearance in Windows.
- Hash & CRC now supports High DPI in Windows 7.
- The multiple file icon updated.
- After selecting both file and folder and selecting the Hash / CRC tab resulted in a false error message.
- Minor resource leaking bug removed.
October 2, 2006
- Support of popular cryptographic hash checksums—CRC32, MD2, MD4, MD5, SHA-1, SHA-224, SHA-256, SHA-384, SHA-512, RIPEMD-128, RIPEMD-160, RIPEMD-256, RIPEMD-320, WHIRLPOOL and Tiger-192.
- Fast checksum computation.
- File integrity checksum calculation for large, virtually unlimited, file sizes.
- Simultaneous different checksum type calculation.
- Single or multiple hash value copy to clipboard (uppercase support).
- A simple and an easy to use interface.
- Based on Crypto++ Library by Wei Dai.
Our software solutions work smoothly on all modern 32-bit and 64-bit Microsoft Windows versions: Windows 10 · Windows 11 · Server 2012 & 2012 R2 · Server 2016 · Server 2019 · Server 2022.
Older Windows versions (such as Windows 8 and Server 2008) are not "officially" supported but should still work remarkably well. The underlying architecture of Windows is evolving and our apps are crafted to be backward and forward compatible.