This Error event is part of Remove remote directory events.
Event ID · 342400
The error indicates that Remove remote directory Action has failed to delete remote directory.
Some possible causes are—directory contains wildcard characters; directory with such name does not exist in specified path; the user account has no write permission for specified path.
See some examples of the Could not remove directory event messages:
- Could not remove directory. Connection is closed or not found.
- Could not remove directory "/var/tmp/dir/file.txt". The file exists. [os:80; aw:11]
- Could not remove directory "/var/tmp/*.*". The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect. [os:123; aw:10]
- Could not remove directory. Working on "/the test directory". Could not retrieve file information The system cannot find the file specified.
- Could not remove directory. Working on "/home/docs/prepare". No such file or directory. Error message from server: No such file. The system cannot find the file specified. [os:2]
- Could not remove directory. Working on "/home/invoices/acc". Command "ls -la -d" failed with return code 2 and error message ls: cannot access "/home/invoices/acc": No such file or directory.
If Remove remote directory fails with
Lost connection. Disconnected from server error message, check stateful FTP firewall settings for a simple solution.
If remote server uses IIS, and Task creates and removes directories in quick succession, the error
405 Method Not Allowed may occur. Try using Wait Action, to add 3-5 seconds delay between these Actions.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our support team.