API · Task management can also be automated—sometimes it is necessary to remove Tasks in an unattended manner. Removal of automated Tasks can be achieved using a simple command from the Automation Workshop API.
Features & highlights
- Remove one or multiple Tasks from Automation Workshop in automated scenarios.
- Delete an Automation Workshop Task from virtually any program, custom app, or script.
- Delete Tasks calling the API from a batch file or custom database.
- Remove workflows that have been imported, run, and no longer required using an automation API.
To delete a Task using API, use simple syntax:
- AutomationWorkshop.exe -delete "\Tasks\Dev\DB\prepare.task"
- AutomationWorkshop.exe -delete "\Tasks\Dev\DB\prepare"
"C:\Program Files\Febooti Automation Workshop\
AutomationWorkshop.exe" -delete "\Tasks\Dev\DB\prepare.task"
Alternatively, use an absolute Task file path:
- AutomationWorkshop.exe -delete "C:\ProgramData\Febooti Software\
Febooti Automation Workshop\Task Files\Dev\DB\prepare.task"
- The Task's path is shown in the Task properties—General & Task tabs.
- To delete a Task via UI, use the Delete feature from the Edit menu.
- Instead of removing, you can simply disable the Task, by using the Disable API feature · Task's state explained
- If an error is experienced during the Task deletion process, the Event ID 2265 "Unable to process an external API request" will be shown.
Automation Workshop includes many more awesome Triggers and numerous Actions to aid you to automate any repetitive computer or business task by providing state-of-the-art GUI tools.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our support team.