Febooti Hash & CRC history - detailed information about minor and major versions.
Version 3.7 · September 25, 2015
- Ensures full compatibility with Windows 10, both 32 and 64-bit versions.
Version 3.6 · July 17, 2013
- Added support for BSD format checksum files.
- Option to toggle between lowercase and uppercase.
- In Windows classic theme hashes are also highlighted.
- Start menu rearanged. Some items removed.
- Improved installation experience.
- Tooltips are always shown above all other windows.
Version 3.5 · January 29, 2013
- Auto compare the computed hashes against hash files, such as .md5, .crc, .sha, .sha1 and others.
- Real-time (on the fly) highlight of computed hashes against Windows Clipboard.
- Compact and Full layout (toggle via Show more hashes or Show less hashes).
- Some hashes (MD and RIPEMD hash functions) are moved to More menu.
- Redesigned layout to allow entire hashes to be shown for two most popular hash functions: MD5 and SHA-1.
- To avoid confusion, upon selecting another file for hashing, previous hashes are cleared.
- Some web resources (release notes, test vectors) are added to More menu.
- Hash .dll file is now digitally signed.
- Minor improvements.
- Duplicate shortcut keys has been removed.
Version 3.0 · July 18, 2011
- Installer is now digitally signed with Authenticode ensuring the code authenticity upon installation of the software.
Version 3.0 · November 11, 2009
- Unicode support for folder and file names.
- Average hashing speed is now displayed.
- Installer includes both x86 and x64 versions in a single (.exe or .zip) setup file. Separate 32 and 64-bit versions still available as .msi installers.
- Hash & CRC now requires Microsoft Windows 2000 or higher.
- Whirlpool hash function now uses Whirlpool version 3.
- If no hash function is selected, Compute is replaced with Just Read button which allows caching files into memory.
- If no values are calculated, Copy button is disabled.
- Hash & CRC tab title text changed to Hash / CRC due alignment bug in Windows Vista and Windows 7.
- Link color modified to match Windows 7 theme.
- Improved calculation speed for some hash functions.
- Navigating with keyboard Tab button now skips fields without hash values.
- Improved button focusing. Default focus on Compute button.
- New setup and uninstall icons for better appearance in Windows Vista and higher.
- Hash & CRC now supports High DPI in Windows Vista and Windows 7.
- Multiple file icon updated.
- After selecting both file and folder and selecting Hash / CRC tab resulted in false error message.
- Minor resource leaking bug removed.
Version 2.0 · October 02, 2006
- Support of popular cryptographic hash checksums - CRC32, MD2, MD4, MD5, SHA-1, SHA-224, SHA-256, SHA-384, SHA-512, RIPEMD-128, RIPEMD-160, RIPEMD-256, RIPEMD-320, WHIRLPOOL and Tiger-192.
- Fast checksum computation.
- File integrity checksum calculation for large, virtually unlimited, file sizes.
- Simultaneous different checksum type calculation.
- Single or multiple hash value copy to clipboard (uppercase support).
- Simple and easy to use interface.