Automation Workshop changelog. Latest version is available for download. Previous versions are available upon request.
Version 2.3.0 (release date: April 02, 2015).
- New Wait for file Action that waits until a file matches conditions before continuing with the next Action.
- New Wait for time Action that pauses the Task until specified time on selected or all weekdays.
- File / Folder Watcher now allows to retrieve both new and old file name upon detecting rename operations.
- Improved PowerShell support now does not require preliminary setup by user.
- Task properties Actions tab shows Action count if there are five or more Actions.
- Minor fixes and improvements.
Version 2.2.0 (release date: October 24, 2014).
- New Duplicate folder Action - creates an exact copy of a folder in specified destination location.
- New Move folder Action - moves folder or folder contents from source folder to destination.
- New Clear folder Action - empties all the content of specified folder.
- Status bar now displays number of Running Tasks.
- On certain queue lengths the CPU usage is lower when Queue Manager is open.
- Action tab of Task Wizard was not showing long Action's descriptions / details.
- Includes latest OpenSSL libraries.
- Minor improvements.
- Upon execution, Task prevents usage of an empty path value in all folder Actions.
- Upon execution, Task validates path variables for invalid characters. New Event ID added.
Version 2.1.0 (release date: July 10, 2014).
- New Split file path Action added that divides provided path into its key elements.
- In very rare cases (only on Windows Server 2012 R2) extra dot appeared in email.
- Task Finder now features improved Task search (via custom fields) and trigger / filter options.
- Task Finder now displays Task logging options for every Task listed.
- Improved Task importing and exporting.
- To correctly display all Actions within a Task, Variable Wizard now also shows the Action from which it itself is opened.
- Option to Automatically resize columns in Automation Workshop Log pane.
- Options to show / hide status bar items.
- New event for 32-bit Service running on 64-bit Windows.
- OpenSSL libraries updated to most current version.
- New shortcut keys for important program features (import, export, backup, etc.).
- Slightly rearranged Tools and View menu.
- Reduced setup file size.
- Minor improvements.
Version 2.0.2 (release date: April 18, 2014).
- Task Finder status bar removes unnecessary flickering, and updates refresh time only upon actual Task refresh.
- Improved NTLM authentication (ensures compatibility with most Exchange servers).
- Includes latest OpenSSL libraries. Consult OpenSSL documentation for more details.
- Minor improvements in Task exporting experience.
- Minor improvements in Task examples.
Version 2.0.1 (release date: March 25, 2014).
- Improved setup experience.
Version 2.0.0 (release date: March 24, 2014).
- Introduces Task Finder which provides an overview on active and inactive Tasks, and allows quick Task location by their name, Triggers, Actions as well as execution (Run As) credentials. Allows direct access to Task properties.
- New option for Service to use fast multi-core engine for internal data processing.
- All available Actions are categorized into 3 new sections, namely Actions, Logic (Compare, Flow, Comments) and Workshop (Tasks, Log).
- Added 4 new Comparison Actions:
- If Action - compare variables with rich set of 28 compare features (is equal, contains, starts or ends with, and many more). Supports AND / OR additional conditions, as well as Perl-compatible regular expressions (PCRE).
- If file Action - verify whether a specified file exists or not. Optionally, check whether file is accessible or not.
- If folder Action - verifies whether a specified folder exists and if it is empty or contains some files or folders.
- Else Action - used in conjunction with either one of the If, If file or If folder Actions to define branch of Actions that is executed when the conditions specified by associated Compare Action are not met.
- Added 2 new Flow Actions:
- Label Action - insert labels anywhere in the sequence of Actions, to skip certain Actions or create loops.
- Go to Action - redirect both to label or an Action within the Task workflow. A certain sequence of Actions in-between is skipped or repeated.
- Now it is possible to create a conditionally branched Action sequences. New options to move Actions into and out of scope. Multi-level depth of scopes are supported.
- Variable Wizard can access Send email Action, to access list of actually sent attachments.
- Variable Wizard can access Queue manager to retrieve list of running, queued and finished Tasks.
- Rarely, zip file updates (by adding files to existing archive) was not processed completely or correctly. Now archives are updated correctly.
- In specific cases Windows Registry operations dealing with HKCU was accessing system's registry branch, instead of user's registry branch / SID.
- In rare cases, Task files were not loaded and displayed in Workshop manager.
- Start Program / Application was ignoring "Treat exit codes greater than" option, if program finished after task completion. Run DOS / Cmd Command was ignoring "Treat error levels greater than" option, if command finished after task completion. Now, "Continue immediately" option works correctly with exit codes / error levels.
- Some security issues regarding SSL and STARTTLS connections. Consult OpenSSL documentation for more details.
- Automation Workshop is now fully compatible with Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
- File / folder watcher Trigger is now more accurate, and acts consistently for all file operations.
- Logon / logoff Trigger seamlessly passes credentials of logged in user, for Tasks that are configured to run with currently logged in user credentials.
- Task scheduler Trigger detects if a computer time change occurred, and writes new Event to log.
- Send email Action now works with most (including very old) SMTP server SSL implementations.
- Send email now folds very long encoded subject lines, to be in line with the current rules for RFC.
- Send email Content-ID of a MIME body part for HTML embedded images now uses globally unique CIDs.
- Send email automatically adds Message-ID header for all email messages.
- To avoid confusion, Send email option "Send email only upon attachment availability and encoding success" reworded to "Fully prepare email message before connecting to the email server".
- Play system sound Action provides cleaner sound list selection.
- Tray icon initialization is now faster, and provides feedback if happening longer.
- Service Agent startup is now faster and more intelligent, and provides feedback if taking long time to load.
- Greatly improved Task importing. After Task is successfully imported, it is automatically highlighted in task pane.
- Option to "Stop task instance that runs longer than" now works not only between, but within most Actions.
- Workshop manager remembers last selected Task and folder between sessions.
- Workshop manager detail view updates successful and failed Task executions automatically, without requiring manual refresh of Task pane.
- Workshop manager Help menu slightly rearranged. Quick overview resources added to provide quick access to online help resources.
- Queue manager detail column now conveniently shows Task completion date and time.
- Log manager context menu updated, to provide access to all sorting and filtering features.
- Rearranged Add Action window. Some Actions moved into different groups - Start Task and Stop Task to "Run group"; Enable Task, Disable Task and Toggle Task to "Tasks group"; Write in Service Log to "Log group".
- Add Action window remembers two last used Actions.
- Modified shortcut keys of Task Actions tab. Context menu rearranged.
- New events added to to the service event group.
- Slight service performance improvements.
- Improved Task execution under very low memory conditions.
- Minor memory optimizations across the board, and reduced Variable Wizard memory footprint.
- Some misspells fixed.
- More minor improvements.
- Write in Service Log always writes in log, even if logging is disabled in Task log options.
- Send email Action now mainly focuses on email sending with UTF-8 encoding. Other character sets are obsolete, but still partially supported.
- In rare specific cases Workshop manager was not correctly handling folders with unnecessary spaces. It is no more possible to create folders with leading and trailing spaces.
- Commercial license now includes free copy of Testing / development license. See license.txt for full details.
- The license allows usage of redundant run-time copy such as Fault Tolerance, and backup copies that are passive (does not execute) and are not running.
Version 1.3.1 (release date: September 05, 2012).
- Unicode names of files sent as email attachments by Send email Action were occasionally misrepresented by some email clients.
Version 1.3.0 (release date: August 23, 2012).
- The Execute script Action now supports Windows PowerShell 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0 versions.
- Automation Workshop is now fully compatible with Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012.
- In rare specific cases the File / Folder Watcher Trigger misrecognized file renaming operation.
- Drag & Drop support in the Actions tab of Task window.
- Expand feature in Action tab provides more space for easier Task designing and reviewing.
- Add Action feature now takes into consideration the current selection.
- The Service started Event now includes both Automation Workshop version and Windows version.
- Convenient keyboard shortcuts to open and navigate all Task properties tabs (CTRL+1 … CTRL+9).
- Variable Wizard correctly detects OS variable on Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012.
- Improved installation procedure on Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012.
- Minor improvements.
Version 1.2.2 (release date: July 31, 2012).
- In some rare situations multiple Automation Workshop user agents were unnecessarily spawned, thus gradually decreasing available system resources.
- Better identification of the domain name and username used for running the Task in Domain environment. Now, instead of NetBIOS name, the DNS name of the Windows Domain is displayed and logged.
- Extract Zip Action is now handling tmp files more consistently.
- Active control is now focused on Value name instead of Registry key in the Registry tab of Set Registry Value, Read Registry Value and Delete Registry Value Actions.
- Help menu rearranged and supplemented for easier access to relevant online help resources.
- Minor improvements.
Version 1.2.1 (release date: March 20, 2012).
- When trying to backup Automation Workshop settings manually, sometimes the automatic backup was performed.
- It was impossible to use the Browse button to specify the backup folder in Automation Workshop options.
- When Task folders and Task files are selected together, the context menu displays available choices more consistently.
- On Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 registry keys and included registry values are now copied with their security attributes / permissions.
Version 1.2.0 (release date: March 15, 2012).
- Backup and Restore - provides features to automatically backup Tasks, settings and log files that are crucial for business process automation recovery.
- Automatic Task import feature discovers unrecognized Task files in the Task folders and automatically adds them to Automation Workshop (in disabled state).
- Import option in File menu - allows importing Task files into the selected Task folder.
- Export option in File menu - allows exporting the selected Task files into the specified folder on disk.
- Added 3 new Actions in the Compression category for efficient data compression, encryption and storage:
- Zip files Action - automatically compresses files and folders to Zip, Tar, Tar.gz, Tar.bz2, gz and bz2 archives.
- Unzip files Action - automatically uncompresses a number of archive formats.
- Zip archive information Action - retrieves essential information from zip archives without unzipping them.
- Added 8 new Actions in the Registry category for automating operations with Windows registry:
- Set Registry Value - sets or changes the specified registry value.
- Read Registry Value - retrieves the Windows registry value data.
- Delete Registry Value - automatically deletes the specified registry value.
- Copy Registry Key - allows copying the specified key to another Windows registry location.
- Create Registry Key - automatically creates a Windows registry key.
- Remove Registry Key - automatically deletes the specified registry key.
- Import Registry - allows importing Windows registry keys or branches from a file.
- Export Registry - allows exporting Windows registry keys or branches to a file.
- Sometimes, when renaming folders with similar names, Task files became non-visible in Automation Workshop manager and, after system restart, even in Automation Workshop service.
- Tasks were stopped upon the "Failed to assign variable (E103)" error even if they were explicitly configured to ignore the error and continue.
- False "The description cannot be found" information message was shown for Febooti Software Automation Workshop events in the Windows Event log.
- Bug that on excessive system load caused "Can not write to task file" error.
- Bug that caused Run Script Action to leak Windows handles.
- New event warns user that the Automation Workshop service is running under non-service Windows account which is a non-intended behavior.
- By default, for all new Tasks, the time in Filter tabs of File Actions is rounded to whole minutes.
- Task Scheduler minor interface improvements.
- Minor improvements.
- It is no longer possible to create Tasks without names or remove Task's name when renaming.
Version 1.1.0 (release date: August 25, 2011).
- Added 4 new Actions for easier document processing and printing, extension of the logging features as well as versatile scripting support:
- Open document Action automatically opens the specified file in associated application.
- Print file Action for automatic document printing using the default system printer.
- Write in Service log Action adds option to log custom message, thus further extending the logging features.
- Execute script Action can run JScript, VBScript, PowerShell scripts and batch files.
- Actions of the Run category were not working if they were executed from user accounts with spaces in username.
- The text consisting of 1 character was incorrectly converted from UTF-8 to UTF-16.
- The tray icon was not shown on Windows XP machines after the restart, if they were accessed via Remote Desktop.
- The "My Tasks" folder was missing after fresh install.
- More dynamic folder path values added to the Folders variable in the System category of Variable Wizard.
- New events added to to the service event group.
- Minor improvements.
Version 1.0.2 (release date: July 12, 2011).
- Layout lock feature allows disabling the resize option after setting the necessary pane size.
- Task folder permission assignment improved to match user access more consistently.
- Minor interface and code improvements.
Version 1.0.1 (release date: July 06, 2011).
- Task folder permissions were not correct.
- Minor interface element fix.
Version 1.0.0 (release date: July 06, 2011).
- Added new Dialog Boxes category featuring 6 Actions focused on providing user interaction capacities:
- Show message Action shows user a custom message.
- Input dialog Action requires user to input data.
- Question dialog Action presents user with a question requiring a Yes-No answer.
- Open file dialog Action requires user to specify an existent file on disk.
- Save file dialog Action requires user to specify a file which may currently not exist.
- Select folder dialog Action asks user to indicate a particular folder.
- Added 2 new multimedia Actions:
- Play system sound Action plays a specified sound from Windows sound scheme.
- Play audio file Action plays a specified .wav file.
- Automation Workshop executables and libraries are signed with Authenticode thus ensuring their authenticity.
- Added new events to report more information in logs.
- Added example Tasks to introduce new users to Automation Workshop.
- After Windows explorer crash / restart, the notification area icon was not shown.
- Added Start Menu button to Start program / application Action for easy application selection and parameter transfer from Start Menu items to Action's settings.
- When sending email with attachment, MIME type now reflects the attachment type.
- Improved status bar now shows additional information on contextually relevant and total number of Tasks.
- After system restart Windows notification area icon was not shown on some systems.
- Reset button in Task properties now resets time dependent Triggers (particularly situations when the system time has been modified to earlier one).
- While retrieving numerous Tasks on slower computer, Queue Manager was misleadingly displaying empty list until the list was populated.
- Minor improvements.
- Changed Automation Workshop license text to clarify the terms of software use.
Version 0.9.9 (release date: March 16, 2011).
- Automation Workshop now features notification area icon that displays current software status and allows quick access to program's features.
- List files Action allows retrieving the list of files / folders in specified folder and pass it as a Variable Wizard value to another Action.
- When an Action requiring desktop access was performed within a Task with SYSTEM credentials, a redundant instance of Automation Workshop agent was created.
- Start Program / Application or Run DOS / Cmd Command were causing unexpected error when command line length was exceeding Windows limitations of approximately 8000 bytes.
- Index out of range error caused by editing variable values on rare occasions.
- Upon copying an action Read from File variable was corrupted if it contained a dot character.
- Minor bugfixes and improvements.
- By default, Start Program / Application Action is now set to wait for executed program to terminate instead of merely becoming able to receive focus or keyboard input.
Version 0.9.8 (release date: November 01, 2010).
- Automation Workshop is now also available as 64-bit version to take full advantage of 64-bit Microsoft Windows.
- File / Folder Watcher Trigger supplemented with Smart file operation detection cooldown feature which greatly facilitates the detection of correct file operation in numerous contexts.
- Introduced Automation Workshop Service Guard that constantly monitors Automation Workshop service for unexpected errors and automatically restarts it in case of failure.
- Variable Wizard value selection for File / Folder Watcher is expanded and made more consistent to provide easy operations with all data conceivably returned by the Trigger.
- New option added to Remove Folder Action. Now user can choose whether to delete only empty folders or all folders regardless of their contents.
- New Layout menu allows switching between Full Height Folders and Full Width Log Pane in Automation Workshop manager window.
- Custom text and Event ID filtering option added to Log Manager.
- Each Task now permits an individual Log Manager window displaying execution data only for this Task.
- Now it is possible to maximize Log Manager and Queue Manager windows.
- Whenever possible, quote characters are automatically added in file path and file name inputs of Run DOS / Cmd Command Action to ensure correct parameter specification.
- Minor improvements.
Version 0.9.7 (release date: July 27, 2010).
- Tasks from previous versions were incorrectly showing existing Task Triggers as disabled. At the same time automation processes were not affected and full Task functionality was retained.
- Added cut / copy / paste support for text that contains Variable Wizard links (variables).
- In most cases after installation, automatic check for updates option was always enabled until explicitly disabled.
- Few minor fixes.
Version 0.9.6 (release date: July 23, 2010).
- Added User Logon / Logoff Trigger which is activated by login or logoff of a specified user into or out off the system.
- Added System Startup / Shutdown Trigger that allows to start a Task upon startup or shutdown of Microsoft Windows, Automation Workshop manager or Automation Workshop service.
- Added new Stop Task Action that supplements the list of already provided automatic Task management actions.
- Date and time related variables supplemented with Adjust option that allows retrieving past and future date and time values that are relative to the current ones.
- New date variable formats (Presets category) added for convenient use with file operations and text related actions.
- Fixed cyclic copy bug which was proliferating file extensions upon some specific uses of Copy File Action.
- Fixed bug that caused "Failed to start Task on behalf of specified user" error event when no current user was available under Windows 7, Vista and Server 2008.
- Automation Workshop manager was not saving MAC address separator.
- Enter characters were occasionally lost when logging communication session with SMTP in Send Email Action.
- The amount of time (if more than one day) until the execution of a Task was not displayed in Queue Manager.
- If user was trying to stop Automation Workshop service when Automation Workshop was executed without administrator privileges and Windows UAC was turned on, then Automation Workshop was displaying multiple registry errors in Automation Workshop log pane. Now, only a single warning with Event ID 1230 is shown in log pane, while all errors are saved into the log file and accessible in Log Manager.
- Individual Triggers can now be enabled and disabled.
- Task Scheduler and File / Folder Watcher redesigned for more consistent placement of relevant options.
- Event ID 10000 added. Shows the file system operation on which the File / Folder Watcher has been triggered.
- Event ID 2049 added. Indicates that the Task has been executed manually.
- Queue manager is now configurable to retain finished Tasks for up to one week.
- Improved Queue Manager usability when browsing the list of queued Tasks while new Tasks are being added.
- Links to Windows applications most relevantly connected to use of Automation Workshop added to its Tools menu.
- Automation Workshop manager now shows a warning at Automation Workshop startup if manager and service files come from different software versions.
- Now Automation Workshop shortcuts are compatible with Run As Administrator option.
- Passwords in registry are no longer saved in plain text.
- General tab of Task properties improved.
- Event details are now opened when clicking on event in Log Manager.
- Log Manager toolbar now features Help button which takes user to online event knowledge base.
- New Date / Time component variable items. Now the variable covers most date and time elements conceivable.
- New Folder option added to context menu of Task folder tree pane.
- Greatly improved program setup experience.
- Many minor improvements.
- Default logging now also covers Trigger information and error events.
- Error and warning logging now also covers Trigger errors and warnings.
Version 0.9.5 (release date: April 02, 2010).
- Actions that perform file / folder operations are no longer limited by default Windows environment / API MAX_PATH 260. Automation Workshop now supports extended Windows path up to 32,000 characters.
- Start Task Action provides an option for automatic execution of specified Tasks.
- Enable Task, Disable Task, and Toggle Task Actions allow efficient and automatic managing of Task status.
- Wait Action allows inserting custom delays between Actions.
- Comment Action lets user to insert reminders or descriptions anywhere among other Actions of the Task.
- Service uptime is now displayed in Service tab of Automation Workshop options.
- Task scheduler did not take into account the specification to exclude particular hours of the day.
- Some errors were not ignored by Read file Action although specified to do so in Errors tab.
- In specific cases, Tasks not executed when the maximum number of running Tasks was limited to 1.
- Send Email Action formats email message text more appropriately in some very specific cases.
- Variable Wizard now recognizes Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 and 2008 R2.
- Fixed Log Manager artifact appearing in Windows Vista and Windows 7 when sorting log message columns.
- Log Manager now attempts to show log file even if it is corrupted and replaces damaged lines with Event ID 1209.
- When using F2 keyboard button to edit Variable Wizard values in input forms of an Action, proper setting is opened instead of general category.
- Multiple cosmetic and interface improvements and minor bugfixes.
- Considerably faster Task loading times (upon Service start-up).
- Overall service performance improvements.
- The functionality of both Start program / application and Run DOS / Cmd command Actions extended by added feature to process exit codes and error levels as successful, warning and errors depending on their value.
- Both Run DOS / Cmd command and Start program / application Actions now can provide Variable Wizard with the actual command line used (including arguments) when executing command or program.
- Send Email Action now tries to recover from unexpected failures in communication session with SMTP server.
- When sending separate emails to multiple recipients individually, Automation Workshop can skip errors associated with non-deliverable email addresses while continuing to send to other recipients.
- Time range for Log Manager events is now shown in Log Manager window title.
- Send Email Action now features Set default server link in Server tab of Send Email Action properties which allows quick access to default SMTP server settings.
- Variable type (instead of mere [variable] tag) is shown both in Actions tab of Task properties and in Actions category in Variable Wizard.
- Variable Wizard now supports retrieving service uptime.
- Now it is possible to copy and paste Actions within single Task or between multiple Tasks. Variable Wizard value structure is preserved when copying Actions.
- Now it is possible to copy and paste Triggers within single Task or between multiple Tasks.
- Now it is possible to disable Actions directly in Actions tab of Task properties by using context menu.
- Now it is possible to copy Tasks by using keyboard shortcuts Ctrl+Insert, Shift+Delete and Shift+Insert.
- Variable Wizard extended with new variables both system related and provided by Triggers and Actions.
- Variable Wizard now supports rertrieving such information about the Task within which it is used as Task name, Task location within Task folder tree, Task description and default folder as well as parameters passed to the Task if Start Task Action was used to start it.
- Automation Workshop Task and log file locations are both accessible from Variable Wizard.
- Many Automation Workshop Manager interface and usability improvements.
- Better handling of very long error messages.
- Single dash MAC address format added.
- OpenSSL libraries updated to most recent versions.
- If custom header of email contains user provided Date tag, then Automation Workshop does not add current date to email header when sending email.
- Remove folder Action now reports Event ID 53000 Deleting folder more consistently.
- User confirmation is requested when stopping service from Automation Workshop options.
Version 0.9.4 (release date: August 03, 2009).
- When only whitespace characters (spaces, tabs, enters) were used as parameter input, its value were not preserved.
- File / Folder Watcher trigger was crashing upon change of folder date or deletion operations.
- After rename or edit of Task Scheduler Trigger, it was not re-initiated. The problem occurred only with extensively used schedules (e.g. those that triggered Tasks once a second).
- Automation Workshop now tries to re-initiate failed Triggers automatically to verify if the initial context that lead to initiation failure has changed (such as appearance / disappearance of shares on network machines).
- Bug that caused improper Task execution in case when Automation Workshop agent was initiated before Automation Workshop service. The problem occurred only if Fast User Switching was disabled.
- Create folder Action was not creating folder on network share if intermediary folder was non-existent. Instead, erroneously, the intermediary folder was created on default drive.
- If there is no Computer Description set, Variable Wizard returns empty value instead of causing error.
- When sending email with non-existent attachment file specified, Automation Workshop was disconnecting from SMTP server upon operation timeout.
- If no TO recipients are specified, email header does not contain empty TO field.
- In most cases CC and BCC fields were ignored in Send Email Action.
- Single part emails in UTF-8 encoding are now sent correctly.
- Email MIME boundary now is always written in lower case.
- Sometimes emails in EML format were not sent.
- Wildcard matching algorithm in some cases (when filename was without extension) did not match files correctly.
- Minor bug fixes and tweaks.
- Read file Action now supports more unicode encodings: UTF-8, UTF-16 big endian, UTF-32, UTF-32 big endian and, partially, UTF-7.
- Automation Workshop Manager has better responsiveness when running resource intensive Tasks.
- Refresh of Automation Workshop Manager Log pane is more smooth when performing many operations.
- Task details were updated upon Task execution. However, updated details were not shown in Automation Workshop manager (when using detailed view mode).
- Refresh command in Automation Workshop Manager did not resort Tasks.
- Task enable / disable operations are handled better visually. Less refreshing upon rename operations.
- Automation Workshop log pane shows Event ID in context menu and always leads to correct event (even if it has already disappeared from log pane).
- Slightly different naming scheme is applied to Task names when creating multiple copies.
- Mouse double click selects default value in Variable Wizard.
- Mouse Back button now works as Up in Automation Workshop manager folder structure.
- Browser Back button on extended keyboards can now be used with Automation Workshop.
- Copy, paste and cut commands were not working when renaming Task in Automation Workshop manager.
- Automation Workshop is trying to gather the information on unexpected service crashes and log it.
- After fresh Automation Workshop installation toolbars were displayed in wrong order and positions.
- Many minor improvements.
- When no path or relative path is specified (and no startup or current folder is specified) Automation Workshop shows more relevant error message (e.g. no path specified instead of file not found).
- Copy file and Move file Actions always create a folder specified in destination (if non-existent).
Version 0.9.3 (release date: May 31, 2009).
- Introduced Start program / application Action that allows automatic executing of specified program / application.
- Introduced Run DOS / Cmd command Action that provides an option to run command interpreter cmd.exe commands and batch files.
- Added Run As tab in Task properties that allows choosing user accounts from which Task will be executed both when user is logged in and logged off.
- New Automation Workshop event groups introduced to reflect the functionality improvements of service and events of new Actions.
- Default Run As user option added in Tasks tab of Automation Workshop options.
- File / folder watcher Trigger does not allow monitoring unspecified folder any more.
- File / folder watcher was terminating with a crash if monitored resource (such as network share) was disconnected.
- Copy file Action and Move file Action failed to copy / move files if creation of intermediate folders in network share was required or files were located in subfolders within folders that contained no files.
- It was possible to enable Task triggers by disabling / enabling the Task even if Task triggering was disabled globally.
- In specific Q-encoding cases FROM, TO, CC, REPLY-TO friendly names were formed incorrectly.
- Too much or too little of Trigger activity was logged upon specific Task logging settings.
- Automation Workshop service events now are recorded with the same Event ID in Windows event log.
- The Trigger name was incorrectly misplaced by Task name when displaying Event 2503 error.
- Comprehensive fix of minor bugs.
- When Run as specified user is chosen in Task's Run As settings, validity of account credentials is instantly verified.
- Task Scheduler now verifies user credentials before actual Task triggering.
- Events 2050 and 2060 changed due to improvement which allows Tasks to report user credentials it is using.
- Improved responsiveness when stopping currently running Task from Queue manager.
- Automation Workshop service now fully complies with system shutdown routine.
- Automation Workshop manager info messages made more concise by moving OS and Automation Workshop error codes to log files and event details.
- Selection stays on Task icon after it has been renamed. When Task is created, its icon is automatically selected.
- Rename file Action allows renaming files to the same name with different character case (e.g. files to Files).
- Allows renaming Task folders and Task files to the same name with different character case (e.g. FILE to File).
- Log Manager sets window title immediately upon opening.
- New icons and other cosmetic fixes better meet Windows Vista visual appearance.
- OpenSSL and other libraries updated to most current versions.
- Vast number of performance, stability and visual optimizations.
- Console mode of Automation Workshop service is now executed under system user account.
- Microsoft Windows 2000 is no longer supported.
Version 0.9.2 (release date: November 14, 2008).
- Registry error was displayed on some computers in specific cases upon Automation Workshop manager startup.
- Automation Workshop manager did not display Connected to service message on some computers.
- On Windows Vista and Windows 2008 Server Automation Workshop manager now reconnects to service automatically upon service restart.
- Start / stop service option now works in Windows Vista with User Account Control (UAC) enabled.
- Windows Vista icons optimized for better appearance and compatibility.
- Minor user interface tweaks.
Version 0.9.1 (release date: November 04, 2008).
- Copy file Action was not working properly on Windows 2000.
- Automation Workshop (setup.exe) installation issues on Windows 2000.
- Toolbar and interface icons contained a slight cosmetic defect on Windows 2000.
- Splash screen was displayed incorrectly on Windows Vista with Aero theme enabled.
- Log Manager and Queue Manager status bar controls were displayed incorrectly on Windows Vista.
- Minor user interface tweaks for better appearance.
Version 0.9.0 (release date: November 03, 2008).
Initial public version of a Febooti Automation Workshop.
- Added installer that unpacks Automation Workshop in specified folder, installs service, creates icons and writes initial registry values.
- Automation Workshop manager - the main user interface that gives access to all program features.
- Automation Workshop service - a multi-thread supporting core component of the software.
- Queue manager - provides information on currently running Tasks.
- Log manager - shows information on successes and failures of past Task execution.
- Variable Wizard - allows for flexible interconnection between Triggers and Actions.
- Automation Workshop events provide information on Task execution processes.
- Online help - a comprehensive help system on every feature of Automation Workshop.
- Automation Workshop options - allow configuring most relevant parameters of the software.
- File / Folder Watcher - a Trigger that executes Tasks based on changes in file system.
- Task Scheduler - a Trigger that executes Tasks in connection to specified date / time pattern.
- Send email - a powerful Action with advanced email sending capabilities.
- File / Folder actions - a set of Actions that can perform various operations with files and folders (e.g. copy, move, delete, rename, read, write, etc.).
© 2001-2016 Febooti Software. Last updated: April 02, 2015