Febooti Command line email changelog for each febootimail version. Latest version is available for download. Previous versions are available upon request.
Version 5.2 (release date: April 17, 2014).
- Improved NTLM authentication.
- Includes latest OpenSSL libraries. Consult OpenSSL documentation for more details.
Version 5.1 (release date: July 01, 2013).
- Now Message-ID header field is generated automatically. NOID command allows to remove Message-ID field.
Version 5.0 (release date: January 21, 2013).
- IGNOREATTACHERRORS command allows to send emails while ignoring all file attaching errors (such as Network timeout, Unable to read file, Access denied, Sharing violation, etc.).
- TONAME parameter allows to specify friendly name both for TO and CC email recipients.
- Optional LOGSUCCESS parameter to log successfully sent email basic history.
- Optional LOGFAILURE parameter to log only failed email sending attempts to specified file.
- Full compatibility with Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 both for 32 and 64 bit versions.
- Minor tweaks and fixes across the entire product.
- Some security issues regarding SSL and STARTTLS connections. Consult OpenSSL documentation for more details.
- UTF8 email text messages without attachments are now sent without an additional multipart/mixed section.
- Friendly name part of the TO, FROM and CC fields in the email header from now on are encoded if they contain international (non ASCII) characters.
- Friendly name part of the FROM and REPLYTO fields are always enclosed in quotes.
- Slightly faster email sending speed.
- Improved timeout error handling and more friendly timeout notifications.
- Improved warning messages about incompatible command line parameters.
- Debug screen now displays error information regarding log file errors.
- OpenSSL libraries updated to the latest version (includes security fixes).
- More minor improvements.
Version 4.1 (release date: April 18, 2012).
- Improved HTML image CID generation according to RFC to display cached images correctly on iOS / iPhones.
- In case of SMTP error, user is directed to more relevant help topic.
- OpenSSL libraries updated to current version.
- Minor UI improvement.
Version 4.0.1 (release date: July 18, 2011).
- Installation packages as well as all executables and libraries are now digitally signed with Authenticode which allows validation of code authenticity and integrity.
Version 4.0 (release date: January 24, 2011).
- Introduced 64-bit version of Command line email for 64-bit Windows.
- HIDE command immediately hides Command line email command prompt window.
- Added hidefebootimail.exe executable that works without any screen output window.
- HELO command allows using custom client / SMTP communication session initiation greeting.
- If OpenSSL libraries were missing, febootimail.exe crashed upon execution.
- If a line contained only a single dot character, the end of email message was cut on some occasions.
- If an EML file contained a dot in separate line, sending email with OPENEML parameter could cut the part of an email following the line with the dot.
- Windows 98, Me, NT and 2000 are no longer supported. Use Command line email v3.2, instead. See FAQ.
- Changed Command line email license text to clarify the terms of software use.
- If attaching a file fails, the error is shown instead of sending a zero length attachment.
- Content MIME type of email attachments is now specified more precisely.
- Screen output in some scenarios is now colored and provides better visualization.
- If TEXT value within configuration file (specified by CONFIG parameter) is put into quotes, leading and ending space characters are preserved.
- Better installing experience in some scenarios.
- OpenSSL libraries updated to current version.
- Minor improvements.
- Before installing Command line email v4.0 user has to uninstall the previous version.
Version 3.2 (release date: August 31, 2009).
- When using friendly names with national characters (regional settings for language other than English), sometimes incorrect quote characters were used.
- If UF parameter was used after TO parameter, the beginning of TO field sometimes contained unnecessary commas.
- If no TO recipients are specified, email header does not contain empty TO field.
- DEBUG and DEBUGX commands sometimes returned slightly incorrect line break values.
- DEBUGX sometimes produced garbled text at the end of debug output.
- In rare cases error information was not complete (and contained %1 characters instead of necessary description).
- In rare cases using OPENEML files led to application crash.
- If OPENEML and SAVEEML parameters were used simultaneously, it usually led to application crash.
- If DIAL parameter is used, disconnect is now graceful.
- PRECEDENCE parameter was incorrectly writing two colons in email header.
- If available, CONFIRM command uses REPLYTO address instead of FROM address to request confirmation.
- CONFIRM command does not use friendly name in its header.
- SAVEEML, OPENEML, LOG and other files are not opened in exclusive access mode anymore.
- Email date is now created without preceding zero, if email is sent before 10th day of a month.
- If email date is specified in custom header, the original email date is not added.
- From now on, the TZ environment variable is not taken into consideration.
- Email MIME boundary now is always written in lower case.
- OpenSSL libraries moved to separate folder in order not to be in PATH variable (and thus possibly conflicting with other software).
- When some error is experienced during sending individual emails using TOEACH parameter, the application attempts to send the remaining emails instead of quitting.
- On some non-English localizations of Windows some OS error messages were shown in incorrect character encoding.
- When multiple attachments are specified in text file (using UF parameter after ATTACH command), they can be separated by line break character only. In previous application versions also a pipe character had to be used.
- When using CONFIG parameter, the file names used in configuration file can be put in quotes.
- Unnecessary line break characters are automatically removed when using UF parameter.
- TO and CC fields are wrapped more accordingly to RFC standard.
- In some cases error information is supplemented by providing OS reported error (e.g. when a file is not accessible).
- Added Febooti Command line email icons for Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008.
- OpenSSL libraries updated to most current version.
Version 3.1 (release date: August 08, 2007).
- Warning messages were not displayed and logged if no error was present at the same time. In some cases popup window was not displayed.
- Files were not attached if file masks used to specify files located on other drive than current.
- Popup window modified to better represent status of email sending operation outcome.
Version 3.0 (release date: April 23, 2007).
- TOEACH, SPLIT parameter for sending separate email to multiple individual recipients.
- CONFIG, CFG parameter to store recurrent command line parts in configuration text file to shorten command line.
- New GUI registration tool available from Start menu to facilitate software registration.
- Added Windows Vista compatibility considering Microsoft guidelines.
- Better reporting on email sending success / failure.
- Bug that caused incorrect encoding of UTF-8 headers.
- Minor misspells.
- Command line email v3.0 installer replaces help.bat with febootimail-help.bat to avoid confusion with Windows help.
- Uninstall shortcut removed from Start menu. Febooti Command line email can only be removed using Programs and Features option in Windows Vista (or Add or Remove Programs in Windows XP and earlier Windows versions) Control Panel as recommended by Microsoft.
- REGISTER, R parameter now takes into consideration whether WAITAFTER parameter is used.
- ATTACH parameter now supports file masks (e.g.
- OpenSSL library version update including important bugfixes.
- Improvements in command line parsing provides better reporting on mistakenly used parameters.
- Improved error handling, new errorlevels added.
Version 2.0 (release date: August 06, 2006).
- SSL parameter for establishing secure encrypted connection to SMTP server.
- STARTTLS parameter for establishing STARTTLS secure connection with SMTP server.
- NTLM, CRAM-MD5, AUTO to provide more authentication methods (AUTH).
- CR, ENTER parameter for adding line break character right in DOS prompt.
- SAVEEML, OPENEML for operations with standard EML files.
- DEBUGX parameter provides a comprehensive report on Client-SMTP communication session.
- NOXMAILER - allows removing X-Mailer tag from email header.
- UF command alias for USEFILE.
- On most servers authentication AUTH PLAIN did not work.
- On some servers with slightly different authentication implementation AUTH did not work.
- Redundant charset information is no more added to MIME parts that do not require it.
- Nuls in email messages added with USEFILE switch previously caused message breaks. Now NUL characters are translated into spaces.
- Issues with HTMLFILE switch that on some occasions could not correctly embed images and image links starting with http://, ftp://, https://, file:///, etc.
- Friendly names of email sender or recipient could not contain commas.
- Many minor bug fixes.
- When message text is taken from USEFILE parameter, UTF-8 encoding is automatically detected and respective charset tag is added to message header.
- Command line email now is supplied in MSI installer package which is compatible with MS Windows Vista.
- Now administrator rights are required only to install and register the application. Administrator rights are no more required to run the application.
- e-update now only provides notification on version updates.
- PATH variable is used instead of installing additional Febootimail executable.
- New errorlevels added. Error messages added, removed and modified.
- Many minor changes.
- Optimized message processing delays resulting in better email sending speed.
- Debug output screen layout changed to provide better report on email sending processes.
- Many minor improvements.
Version 1.3 (release date: January 21, 2005).
- WAITBEFORE parameter which adds specified delay before sending operation.
- WAITAFTER parameter which adds specified delay after sending operation.
- HEADER switch that allows to set custom email headers.
- CR / newline bug that caused header to appear in email body.
- Attachments where file names contain comma and semicolon (also, removed undocumented feature that allowed attach multiple files separated by commas. Multiple files from now must be specified using multiple FILE / ATTACH switches).
- Invalid "Content-Transfer-Encoding" in header.
- Negative time bug occurring when time zone was specified in minutes, e.g. (GMT+05:45) Kathmandu.
- Debug screen displaying login instead of plain and vice versa when using SMTP authentication.
- Installer in some specific cases was incorrectly reporting "Can't create folder".
- Spaces in file names are preserved.
- When using HTMLFILE switch, images now keep their original file name case.
- Corrected HTML file parsing (Disposition, Content Type and ID, Image Source) now compatible with Mozilla email engine.
- Installer animation.
Version 1.2 (release date: July 27, 2004).
- TESTHTML command that allows to test .html sending without adding footer in trial version.
- LOG parameter that allows to log some general information of sending process. Added 2 new warnings related to LOG command: "Warning: Can't open log file" and "Warning: Can't write log file".
- LU and DOUPDATE commands that force check for updated version.
- DLU and DONTUPDATE commands that suppress checking for new version even if auto update is enabled.
- Fixed bug that caused error on some systems when DEBUG command was used.
- Added line breaks before Febooti footer to ensure correct trial footer formatting in trial version.
- Minor fixes and tweaks.
Version 1.1 (release date: June 28, 2004).
- Support for UTF-16 / UCS-2, UTF-32 / UCS-4 by converting to UTF-8 text encoding.
- Option to request read confirmation.
- New command parameter for online help access.
- Recipients list can be separated with LF / CR (return / enter key).
- Sets correct encoding for all email (header, body) parts.
- When sending HTML messages, there are no more duplicate images.
- REPLY parameter misspelling fixed, old version still works for backward compatibility.
- Minor fixes and tweaks.
Version 1.0 (release date: March 19, 2004).
Initial public version of Febooti Command line email client.
- Send email from command line to any number of recipients (may be limited by your ISP SMTP server).
- Send email from Scheduled Tasks, any software that can execute external commands, CGI scripts etc.
- Send email using CC (Carbon Copy) and BCC (Blind Carbon Copy).
- Send email message using plain text or HTML message with embedded pictures.
- Set alternate text for email programs that do not support HTML messages.
- Set SMTP server address and SMTP server port; the address may be used as a traditional URL (e.g. mail.yourdomain.com) or as an IP numeric address (e.g. 10.123.123.123).
- Use mail server authentication (AUTH PLAIN, AUTH LOGIN) before sending email.
- Friendly name in both the TO and FROM fields (this name appear in email instead of your e-mail address).
- Unlimited attachments.
- For batch programming - return codes to check success or failure from environment variable %errorlevel%.
- Ability to set message priority (HIGHEST, HIGH, NORMAL, LOW, LOWEST, NOT SET).
- Optional reply-to email address and reply-to friendly name.
- Ability to set message text encoding.
- Ability to set message comment.
- Ability to set organization of a sender.
- Ability to take parameters from a text file or files.
- Plain text or MIME encoding (Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions).
- Auto dial (if modem is used).
- Bind IP address (if more than one Interface / LAN card is used).
- Ability to set timeouts manually.
- Optionaly displays Windows message box after message is sent.
- Optional quiet mode - suppress normal output.
- Optional debug mode - view internal variables and SMTP server messages.
© 2001-2016 Febooti Software. Last updated: April 17, 2014