ieZoom toolbar FAQ central
This is Febooti ieZoom toolbar FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) page. If you are looking for help to solve some actual problems or are just browsing to see ieZoom toolbar functionality as it is applied in real situations, you have came to right place. FAQ central provides some general information, solutions to some particular questions and various links that might help you to work with ieZoom toolbar.
FAQ is intended to be growing resource which will include more and more questions and answers that may arise in real working environment.
Questions about web page printing: Miscellaneous printing questions:
- Preview and printing does not work on pages containing videos or flash animation. Why? Febooti ieZoom toolbar adjust scale of Internet Explorer content. Particular third party plug-ins (such as QuickTime movies, Adobe Acrobat Reader, Microsoft Word, Macromedia Flash etc.) display additional content on their own. This additional content is not subject to be resized or printed by ieZoom toolbar. The only recommendation here is using print feature of the plug-in responsible for displaying this content.
- When I print some web pages with frames, as a result frame content on paper is very small. What is the matter and how can I fix it? This may sometimes happen when printing on small sized paper and in cases if frame border is moved. Moving frame border or printing on larger paper should solve the problem.
Web page printing limitations:
- ieZoom toolbar uses specially tuned Print Preview which differs from original Internet Explorer print preview window. This makes Page Setup inaccessible from ieZoom print preview window. Use Internet Explorer File Menu to access Page Setup.
- Some pages are not to be printed out correctly after resize. This may occur when images are too tall to fit onto page or when web page is designed to exceed window size (e.g. when page is specified to be 200% of window size). When such situation occurs, try to zoom out web page manually before printing.
- Some elements of web pages like text boxes or frames are printed with scrollbars instead of being resized to fit on page. This happens due to specific design of web pages and can not be easily solved with ieZoom toolbar.
- Note that web page must be fully download in order to be printed with ieZoom toolbar.
- ieZoom toolbar limitations - read more on ieZoom toolbar limitations, issues, solutions.
Upgrading Internet Explorer:
- When upgrading Internet Explorer to newer version, it is highly recommended to uninstall ieZoom toolbar before installing Internet Explorer update. In order to keep History data, backup two files (ie_history.dat and ie_history.ind) located in the following folders:
- On Windows Vista, the path is usually:
- On Windows 2000 / XP / 2003, the path is usually:
C:\Documents and Settings\Your_Name\Application Data\Febooti Software\ieZoom\
- On Windows 95 / 98 / Me, the path is usually:
C:\Windows\Application Data\Febooti Software\ieZoom\
In case you are looking for solution which is not already provided regarding to ieZoom toolbar, do not hesitate to contact our support department with your specific question. The solution will be provided shortly by e-mail and eventually added to FAQ.
Copyright © 2001-2013 Febooti Software. All rights reserved. Last updated: November 03, 2008