Automation Workshop FAQ
- Q: I have installed Automation Workshop, but it does not work on my computer.
- A: Make sure that your system meets minimum requirements: Windows XP or newer is required, and Microsoft .NET must be installed. View .NET installation instructions for more information.
- Q: When I try to start Automation Workshop service from Services in Windows Administrative Tools, I get message "Febooti Automate Tasks service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do, for example, the Performance Logs and Alerts service."
- A: Launch Log manager from Automation Workshop manager and open Service log. It should say the reason of service's inability to launch. If provided information does not solve the problem, do not hesitate to contact Febooti Software support department with detailed problem description.
- Q: When performing file operations on network share, provided by Windows XP machine with specified path longer than MAX_PATH 260 characters (or, more likely, about 3,000 characters) I get an error message.
- A: While Automation Workshop supports file path up to 32,000 characters, the cause of the problem is in Windows XP itself which is a workstation OS. Thus, unfortunately, there is no solution for this problem, except either using shorter path when dealing with network shares located on Windows XP. There is no problem with using longer path on newer Microsoft Windows versions, such as Windows 7 and Server 2012.
- Q: I've installed Automation Workshop on Microsoft Windows 2000. Everything seems to work; however, sometimes Actions cause some errors. Why is it so and how can I fix it?
- A: While Automation Workshop can be installed on Microsoft Windows 2000, the latter does not provide full functionality required by Automation Workshop. Although, it is still possible running the software to some extent, officially Microsoft Windows 2000 is not supported.
- Q: What files are created during installation?
- Workshop manager - main user interface provides an easy access to all program features.
- Queue manager - currently running and pending Tasks.
- Log manager - comprehensive information on past events.
- Task finder - locate and manage Tasks based on their Triggers, Actions and other features.
- Backup & Restore - automatic backup of Tasks, settings and log files.
- Service - module which carries out all Tasks in background.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our support team.
© 2001-2016 Febooti Software. Last updated: March 24, 2014