Automation Workshop FAQ central
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) section is a growing knowledge base that deals with various questions that arise during use of Automation Workshop or when integrating the software in particular environment.
First look at:
- Febooti Software FAQ - general questions for all Febooti Software products.
- Online help - collection of articles on various aspects of using, integrating and troubleshooting.
- Q: What are system requirements for running Automation Workshop?
- A: Febooti Automation Workshop runs on Microsoft Windows XP / 2003 / Vista / 2008 Server / Windows 7 machines, and requires Microsoft .NET (supplied with recent Windows versions, and available from Windows Update or Turn Windows features on or off from Control Panel).
- Q: Can I use path of mapped drives when performing operations with files / folders located on network shares?
- A: While in some cases specified mapped drives will work, it is highly recommended to use UNC path…
- Q: How to logon in Windows automatically?
- A: From Start menu choose Run… and type
CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2 and click Ok…
- Q: When performing file / folder operations on network share provided by Windows XP machine with specified path longer than MAX_PATH 260 characters (or, more likely, about 3,000 characters) I get an error message.
- A: While Automation Workshop supports file path up to 32,000 character, the cause of the problem is in Windows XP itself which is a workstation OS. Thus, unfortunately, there is no solution for this problem except either using shorter path when dealing with network shares located on Windows XP. There is no problem with using longer path on newer Microsoft Windows versions, such as Windows Vista, Windows 7 and all server editions.
- Q: Automation Workshop windows appear to be maximized and buggy?
- A: It might be caused by the bug in ATI Hydravision application that incorrectly maximizes windows for .NET applications. Uncheck Application position memory check box under General in Desktop Management tab of ATI Hydravision dialog box.
- Q: I've installed Automation Workshop on Microsoft Windows 2000. Everything seems to work; however, sometimes Actions cause some errors. Why is it so and how can I fix it?
- A: While Automation Workshop can be installed on Microsoft Windows 2000, the latter does not provide full functionality required by Automation Workshop. Although, it is still possible running the software to some extent, officially Microsoft Windows 2000 is not a supported operating system for Automation Workshop.
- Q: My Automation Workshop manager is crashing upon launch. Why is it so and how can I fix it?
- A: Check for latest Windows updates and try updating .NET service pack to the most current version.
- Q: When I try to start Automation Workshop service from Services in Windows Administrative Tools, I get message "Febooti Automate Tasks service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do, for example, the Performance Logs and Alerts service."
- A: Launch Log manager from Automation Workshop manager and open Service log. It should say the reason of service's inability to launch. If provided information does not solve the problem, do not hesitate to contact Febooti Software support department with detailed problem description.
- Q: What files are created during installation of Automation Workshop?
- A: During installation
Febooti Automation Workshop folder is created in either
C:\Program Files\ or
C:\Program Files (x86)\ (for 64-bit and 32-bit versions, respectively). All Automation Workshop executables and libraries are put there. Log files and Task files created during using Automation Workshop are put in
C:\Users\All Users\Febooti Software\Febooti Automation Workshop\ folder.
Automation Workshop overview:
- Workshop manager - main user interface gives user an easy access to all Automation Workshop features.
- Queue manager - provides overview of all currently running and pending Tasks.
- Log manager - provides comprehensive information on Task execution process successful finishes and failures.
- Backup & Restore - on automatic backup of Tasks, settings and log files of Automation Workshop, an enterprise-class business process automation software.
- Service - Automation Workshop service module which carries out all Tasks in background.
- Tasks - overview on basic automation units which consist of Triggers (execution conditions) and Actions (performed operations).
Please do not hesitate to contact our support department with any possible further questions or to solve practical issues connected with Automation Workshop. The solution will be provided shortly by e-mail and eventually added to FAQ.
Copyright © 2001-2013 Febooti Software. All rights reserved. Last updated: August 23, 2012