ieZoom toolbar limitations, issues, solutions
ieZoom toolbar is highly integrated into Internet Explorer. Technically it means that ieZoom in no case will override the restrictions that are based on the very structure of Internet Explorer or MS Windows operating system. Conversely, ieZoom does not modify Internet Explorer. It, in the direct sense of the word, adds more features on the base of already existing Internet Explorer functionality. That is why ieZoom has some functional limitations. Namely, ieZoom toolbar does not alter the normal work of Internet Explorer.
- Flash, Java and DHTML zoom limitation. In some specifically designed Flash, Java and DHTML web pages Zoom in and Zoom out may work incorrectly. However it happens rather seldom and only on very specifically designed pages.
- Flickering / indeterminate downloading limitation. When Instant Zoom option is enabled, some specifically designed web sites may cause flickering of particular screen elements on some machines. To solve this, try disabling Instant Zoom option while trying to zoom these web pages.
- Drop down box limitation. Due to special way in which Internet Explorer processes some interface elements, drop down boxes are not zoomed in height, although, placeholder of those boxes is zoomed correctly. Also, in some specific cases drop down boxes work incorrectly. In such cases user will have to reduce web page to 100% zoom in order to make correct selection from drop down box.
- Color Picker limitation. Color Picker tool allows to pick the color of any pixel on screen. In general it is done by clicking left mouse button on the selected pixel. However, in some cases, when picking color from active Java or Flash elements, instead of picking color, link is opened or Java / Flash command executed. To solve this problem, instead of clicking left mouse button on Flash or Java element / link, activate Color Picker, point cursor over the desired pixel and press escape or other keyboard button.
- Keyboard shortcut limitation. In some Java or Flash designed web pages keyboard shortcuts would not work. Instead of using keyboard shortcuts, toolbar has to be used in such pages.
- Refresh limitation. When Instant Zoom is disabled, zoom is applied only to fully loaded web pages. If web page refresh is done by clicking refresh button or F5, web page zoom value is set to 100%. To solve this either enable Instant Zoom option or zoom web page manually after refresh.
- Web Page History limitation. National characters in URL might be converted to ASCII format when saving web page visit history.
- Text selection limitation. When working with zoomed web content, sometimes it is hard to select text on web page. In such case user will have to reduce page back to 100% zoom in order to select the text.
- Anti-alias (smooth edges of screen fonts) limitation. If smooth screen fonts are used, combo boxes may disappear on some systems. Depending on fonts used in web design, bold text may sometimes become very ugly. If these problems occur, try disabling antialiasing.
Please do not hesitate to contact our support department with any questions regarding ieZoom toolbar limitations.
Copyright © 2001-2013 Febooti Software. All rights reserved. Last updated: November 03, 2008