view file / folder content
This tutorial provides information, how to view file / folder content with Febooti fileTweak. Tutorial is step by step instruction using Windows XP. Some of steps may vary, if different Windows version is used.
- STEP 1: Start Windows Explorer - click on Start button, then point to Programs, then Accessories, then click on Windows Explorer icon. Alternatively you can use shortcut Win+E.
- STEP 2: Locate file which content you want to view.
- STEP 3: Press right mouse button on that file. Context menu will appear.
- STEP 4: From context menu choose Properties. File's Property General tab will appear.
- STEP 5: Click on View tab. Now you can view file content. It is possible to switch between files, if multiple files / folders selected.
- STEP 6: Now you can view file content. To scroll file text use windows scrollbars or keyboard arrows. Note that only first 30,000 bytes of file are shown.
- STEP 7: You can view / list / print file list (folder content), if folder (directory) was selected. You can copy file list to clipboard for further use in other programs.
- STEP 8: You have viewed file content!
Copyright © 2001-2013 Febooti Software. All rights reserved. Last updated: February 25, 2007