modify file date using Windows explorer
This tutorial provides information, how to modify file date using Windows explorer. Tutorial below is step by step example using Windows XP. Some of steps may vary, if you are using different Windows version.
- STEP 1: Start Windows Explorer - click on Start button, then point to Programs, then Accessories, then click on Windows Explorer icon. Alternatively you can use shortcut Win+E.
- STEP 2: Locate file which date you want to modify.
- STEP 3: Press right mouse button on that file. Context menu will appear.
- STEP 4: From context menu choose Properties. File's Property tabs will appear.
- STEP 5: Click on Date tab. Now you are ready to enter file's date / time values to modify file date.
- STEP 6: Enter appropriate values in date / time fields and click on OK or Apply button.
- STEP 7: You have just modified file dates!
Copyright © 2001-2013 Febooti Software. All rights reserved. Last updated: February 25, 2007