This tutorial provides information, how to Change file attributes on file and / or folder. Tutorial is step by step instruction using Windows XP. Some of steps may vary, if different Windows version is used.
- STEP 1: The best way to locate files which attributes you want to modify is: start Windows Explorer - you can use shortcut Win+E.
- STEP 2: Locate file for changing file attributes.
- STEP 3: Press right mouse button on that file. Drop down menu will appear. From Drop down menu choose Properties.
- STEP 4: File's Property tabs will appear. This property page is Windows default page which contains general information about file.
- STEP 5: Click on Attributes tab. Now you are ready to change file's attributes. Keep track of Include subfolders check box, if changing file attributes for folders (directories).
- STEP 6: Change appropriate check boxes and click on OK button. In this example we will set following file attributes - Read only and Hidden. And will clear Archive attribute for this file. All check boxes have three states: checked - to change attributes, cleared - to clear attributes, grayed - to do not change attributes.
- STEP 7: You have just changed file attributes for file!
Copyright © 2001-2013 Febooti Software. All rights reserved. Last updated: February 25, 2007