change date of file using Search For Files or Folders
This tutorial provides information, how to change date of file using Search For Files or Folders. Tutorial below is step by step example using Windows XP. Some of steps may vary, if you are using different Windows version.
- STEP 1: Start Search window - click on Start button, then point to Search, then click on For Files or Folders… Alternatively you can use shortcut Win+F.
- STEP 2: Select drive (Look in:) and enter search criteria (Search for files or folders named:), then click on Search button. In this example we are searching all JPG files on drive C.
- STEP 3: Close search bar - we don't need it anymore.
- STEP 4: Locate files and folders (if any) which date you want to change. Tip: to select different files, hold down Ctrl key and press mouse button on file.
- STEP 5: Press right mouse button on these files. Context menu will appear. From context menu choose Properties.
- STEP 6: File's Property general tabs will appear.
- STEP 7: Click on Date tab. Now you are ready to enter file's / folder's date / time values to change date of file / folder.
- STEP 8: Check the checkboxes (created, modified and accessed) and enter appropriate values in date / time fields and click on OK button.
- STEP 9: You have just changed date of files!
Copyright © 2001-2013 Febooti Software. All rights reserved. Last updated: February 25, 2007