change date on file on remote computer
This tutorial provides information, how to change date of file using My Network Places. Tutorial below is step by step example using Windows XP. Some of steps may vary, if you are using different Windows version.
- STEP 1: Open My Network Places or Network Neighborhood (depends on Windows version) - click on appropriate icon on your Desktop or select "My Network Places" from Start menu.
- STEP 2: Click on Computer name you want to enter, provide Username and Password, if required. In this example we will choose Sarah computer.
- STEP 3: In remote computer locate file which date you want to change.
- STEP 4: Press right mouse button on file / folder. Context menu will appear. From context menu choose Properties (usually the last item).
- STEP 5: General file's Property tabs will appear.
- STEP 6: Click on Date property tab. Now you are ready to change file's / folder's date / time values to change date of file / folder.
- STEP 7: Enter appropriate values in date / time fields and click on OK button. To discard changes, click on Cancel button.
- STEP 8: You have just changed date of file on remote computer!
Copyright © 2001-2013 Febooti Software. All rights reserved. Last updated: February 25, 2007