Febooti fileTweak Hex Editor utility - history
Febooti fileTweak Hex Editor history - detailed information about changes between minor and major versions of Febooti fileTweak Hex Editor. Please note that this document is updated in real time, and often may refer to versions that are not yet released.
Febooti fileTweak Hex Editor version 3.0 (release date: July 18, 2011).
- Febooti fileTweak Hex Editor installer is now digitally signed with Authenticode which allows verifying the code integrity upon installation of the software.
Febooti fileTweak Hex Editor version 3.0 (release date: November 11, 2009).
- Full Unicode support for path and file names.
- Option to modify value in binary mode by editing current value on bit level.
- Bookmark feature that allows marking particular addresses in file. Up to 10 global (non file-specific) bookmarks available.
- Installer includes both x86 and x64 versions in a single (.exe or .zip) setup file. Separate 32-bit and 64-bit versions still available as .msi installers.
- Hex Editor now requires Microsoft Windows 2000 or higher.
- Context menu rearranged for easier use.
- Option that allows expanding Hex Editor working area to whole property page.
- Search now supports finding both next and previous value.
- New keyboard shortcuts. Most commands now are accessible via keyboard shortcuts.
- Interface font replaced with more modern one for better appearance.
- Added High DPI support for Windows Vista and Windows 7 making Hex Editor DPI-aware.
- High DPI images in Hex Editor footer.
- Minor visual improvements.
- Changing working area size while all file contents were selected led to cursor permanently staying as artifact on the bottom of Hex Editor working area.
- Minor resource leaking bug.
Febooti fileTweak Hex Editor version 2.1 (release date: November 08, 2008).
- Search feature looks for specified value both in hexadecimal and ascii modes simultaneously.
- Added Windows Vista extra large icons.
- Graphical User Interface tweaks.
- Deleting with Backspace or Del button corrupted last byte of file in most cases.
- Search bug that returned more values than specified by user.
- Graphical User Interface minor fixes.
Febooti fileTweak Hex Editor version 2.0 (release date: October 02, 2006).
- Hex Editor for Windows XP x64 version available.
- Installer now compatible with Windows Vista.
- Introductory tutorial included.
- Expand working area by pressing F11 while in editing field.
- Copy file contents as it is displayed in Hex Editor.
- Copy address range of selected data.
- Due to changed core functionality of both fileTweak and its standalone modules, integration of modules in fileTweak now requires both fileTweak and modules to be version 2.0.
- Characters with decimal value below 32 are displayed as space in ASCII column.
- Different letters assigned to context menu keyboard shortcuts for more convenience.
- Windows 95 no more supported.
- Administrator registry access rights no more necessary to use fileTweak Hex Editor.
- When folder was selected, Hex Editor sometimes displayed Access Denied error message.
- Minor bugs.
Febooti fileTweak Hex Editor version 1.0 (release date: November 24, 2004).
Initial public version of a fileTweak freeware module - a tool for editing file contents both in decimal and hex modes.
- Simple interface.
- Supports standard commands (cut, copy, paste, delete) and selection.
- Search both within HEX and ASCII content.
- Supports files up to 2 Gb.
- Keyboard shortcuts.
Copyright © 2001-2013 Febooti Software. All rights reserved. Last updated: July 18, 2011