Febooti Hex Editor history - detailed information about minor and major versions.
Version 3.7 (release date: September 25, 2015).
- Hex Editor now works and is fully compatible with Windows 10, both 32 and 64-bit versions.
Version 3.0 (release date: July 18, 2011).
- Installer is now digitally signed with Authenticode which allows verifying the code integrity upon installation of the software.
Version 3.0 (release date: November 11, 2009).
- Full Unicode support for path and file names.
- Option to modify value in binary mode by editing current value on bit level.
- Bookmark feature that allows marking particular addresses in file. Up to 10 global (non file-specific) bookmarks available.
- Installer includes both x86 and x64 versions in a single (.exe or .zip) setup file. Separate 32 and 64-bit versions still available as .msi installers.
- Hex Editor now requires Microsoft Windows 2000 or higher.
- Context menu rearranged for easier use.
- Option that allows expanding Hex Editor working area to whole property page.
- Search now supports finding both next and previous value.
- New keyboard shortcuts. Most commands now are accessible via keyboard shortcuts.
- Interface font replaced with more modern one for better appearance.
- Added High DPI support for Windows Vista and Windows 7 making Hex Editor DPI-aware.
- High DPI images in Hex Editor footer.
- Minor visual improvements.
- Changing working area size while all file contents were selected led to cursor permanently staying as artifact on the bottom of Hex Editor working area.
- Minor resource leaking bug.
Version 2.1 (release date: November 08, 2008).
- Search feature looks for specified value both in hexadecimal and ascii modes simultaneously.
- Added Windows Vista extra large icons.
- Graphical User Interface tweaks.
- Deleting with Backspace or Del button corrupted last byte of file in most cases.
- Search bug that returned more values than specified by user.
- Graphical User Interface minor fixes.
Version 2.0 (release date: October 02, 2006).
- Hex Editor for Windows XP x64 version available.
- Installer now compatible with Windows Vista.
- Introductory tutorial included.
- Expand working area by pressing F11 while in editing field.
- Copy file contents as it is displayed in Hex Editor.
- Copy address range of selected data.
- Characters with decimal value below 32 are displayed as space in ASCII column.
- Different letters assigned to context menu keyboard shortcuts for more convenience.
- Windows 95 no more supported.
- Administrator registry access rights no more necessary.
- When folder was selected, Hex Editor sometimes displayed Access Denied error message.
- Minor bugs.
Version 1.0 (release date: November 24, 2004).
Initial public version of a freeware module - a tool for editing file contents both in decimal and hex modes.
- Simple interface.
- Supports standard commands (cut, copy, paste, delete) and selection.
- Search both within HEX and ASCII content.
- Supports files up to 2GB.
- Keyboard shortcuts.