Automation Workshop includes Delete file Action, that performs deletion of files based on general settings such as file masks, file dates, times and attributes as well as variables provided by Trigger or other Action.
Features & highlights:
- Automatically delete unnecessary files from local and write-accessible network drives.
- Precise and easy specification of file deletion procedure - delete files matching specified mask and filtering criteria from multiple folders and subfolders.
- Extensive error handling of file deleting process allows for easy automatic or manual resolution of problem situations by retrying deletion, launching another Task or, alternatively, sending the detailed report via email.
- Supports Unicode in file names and very long path (up to 32,000 characters).
- Automatically delete contents of temp folders to free disk space on daily basis or any other schedule (either regularly, at specified intervals, or on less linear complex schedule).
- Delete backup archives based on their age (e.g. by excluding files that are created after less than 90 days ago).
- Recursively delete all files of specified type from all subfolders on local or network drives.
|File||Use file name or mask to specify file deletion criteria.|
|Options||Select whether deletion should be performed only in selected folder or also in its subfolders.|
|Filter||Use file name, mask or time / date to specify files excludable from deletion.|
|Attributes||Specify attribute pattern to include files with matching attributes and exclude all others.|
|Errors||Choose errors that lead to On Error behavior.|
|On Error||Configure operations to be performed when Delete file Action encounters an error. Available operations include retrying the Action, sending email report, running another task and continuing with next Action or stopping the Task.|Additional notes and resources:
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our support team.